Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incredulous Red
Mar 25, 2008

Bar exam, day one: used the term "skulls for the skull throne" in my performance test

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incredulous Red
Mar 25, 2008

is atlas of bugs still alive?

Incredulous Red
Mar 25, 2008

No charge for the passenger cuz hey who knew?

Incredulous Red
Mar 25, 2008

woozle wuzzle posted:

Man, just think of the long-arm statute you'd need...

On this episode of Forum Shopping for Bankruptcy Practitioners, we take a look at Ceres' COMI statute and how it relates to section 1507 of the bankruptcy code

Incredulous Red
Mar 25, 2008

woozle wuzzle posted:

Dude, if space had a good homestead exemption I might start launching clients.

Sorry, space sovereignty is corporate, we only do reorganizations in the asteroid belt

Incredulous Red
Mar 25, 2008

There are certain schools that have a reputation for being more generous with scholarships than others.

But seriously, don't go.

Incredulous Red
Mar 25, 2008

Also, have you guys seen this poo poo yet?

quote:

This Year’s Ross Essay Contest Is a Haiku Throwdown: Winners Get a Share of $5,000 in Prize Money

In this year's Ross Essay Contest, we're looking for 17 syllables that address one of these five topics: Innovation, Inspiration, Law Practice, On Being a Lawyer or the U.S. Supreme Court.
Like every year, only ABA members are eligible to submit their haiku (an unrhymed poem with three lines containing five, seven, and five syllables respectively) for a chance at a share of $5,000 in prize money. Contestants should keep in mind that they cannot enter as often as they want; there is a five-haiku limit. The haiku you submit also cannot have appeared in a printed book, magazine or journal (sold or given away), or in any online journal that presents edited periodic content.
The submission deadline is 5 p.m. CT on Friday, Sept. 28

http://www.abajournal.com/legalrebels/article/this_years_ross_essay_contest_is_a_haiku_throwdown/

Incredulous Red
Mar 25, 2008

Precedent? What's that?
Pick the path that makes least sense
Scalia cackles

Incredulous Red
Mar 25, 2008

US News, racket
Rankings are falsehoods, like law
We play by their rules

edit: what's the kanji for "springtime for Hitler in germany?"

Incredulous Red
Mar 25, 2008

echopapa posted:

"You can do these two
Things." "There's nothing I can do?"
Legal help hotline

I did not pay rent
Have no money. Can I stay?
No, you can't. Legal aid.

Incredulous Red
Mar 25, 2008

nm posted:

Seriously, a T2 school is never the top of anything.
Not even the top of the shitpile, because Cooley has that locked down.

Hey, Cooley is apparently more highly ranked than pretty much everyone besides Yale and Stanford based on library square footage alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incredulous Red
Mar 25, 2008

entris posted:

Hobson's comment probably doesn't trigger 8.02(a), but am I the only attorney who thinks that practicing attorneys should not publicly criticize judges (even if the judges are being stupid)? I think its unseemly to publicly criticize a judge or court. Maybe I'm just prudish, I dunno.

Christ, what happened to you?