Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OptimistPrime
Jul 18, 2008

Elotana posted:

Realtalk if you're good at taking tests you can pass the bar by buying a used Conviser book on eBay and studying that for two weeks

Did this for NY while I was unemployed. It worked.
Then, of course, I found another job in MN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OptimistPrime
Jul 18, 2008

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Why wouldn't the sober guy just drive his friends home, instead of letting them drive all drunk and wasting the cops' time? What a dick

So they don't have to bother with fetching their cars in the morning, obviously

OptimistPrime
Jul 18, 2008

BigHead posted:

I just got cold called by a guy in town here who apparently likes the sound of my voice over the phone. I told him I wouldn't be available until labor day and he said "poo poo." :(

Only headhunter call I received since starting my current gig in September was for a job that I had already interviewed for and been dinged by during the summer while I was unemployed.

Jobs for those who have jobs already.

OptimistPrime
Jul 18, 2008

mrtoodles posted:

Oh good idea.

My firm is hiring as well. IP litigators, virtually all levels of experience. Business is booming. Come work for a mix of household names and crazy-assed Korean companies you've never heard of. Silicon Valley... woowoo.

I will take you to an amazing dinner and pimp out your office with part of the $10k they give me.

Are they looking just at people still within firms, or would there be some hope for someone who went in-house and did work on portfolio strategy (lots of potential claim constructions and looking for design-around issues, reviews of validity, assessment of competitors) but hasn't done day to day motion practice/discovery BS in a bit over a year?

And yes I'm a glutton for punishment that would consider going back to a firm.

If you don't want to answer in the thread, I lack PMs but can check throwawaymn at gmail