Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scribe jones
Sep 17, 2008

One of the key problems in the analysis of this puzzling book is to be able to differentiate a real language from meaningless writing.

Red Bean Juice posted:

I just want to add that even if you end up lucky and get into a school beyond your credentials (like me), the effect will be roughly analogous to signing up for an underground rugby league populated entirely by grizzly bears

Anyway, here's some dumb comics.

why did no one quote this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scribe jones
Sep 17, 2008

One of the key problems in the analysis of this puzzling book is to be able to differentiate a real language from meaningless writing.
"not laudable" :raise:

scribe jones
Sep 17, 2008

Any un- or minimally-employed Nevada lawgoons please PM me!! Thanks and god bless

scribe jones
Sep 17, 2008

Celot posted:

Well I guess I am hosed. Thanks.
L&LSM_success_stories.txt

scribe jones
Sep 17, 2008

got a fb friend agonizing about which schools to apply to for "sports law." hope I die, or he dies, or both

scribe jones
Sep 17, 2008

Adar posted:

I am taking a job on the Isle of Man if that means anything to you
a whole isle full of men, huh :raise:

scribe jones
Sep 17, 2008

those e-mails are Babby's First Job inappropriate, let alone at a hotshot law firm

scribe jones
Sep 17, 2008

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Be a loving dentist. Even idiots can do it, the hours are a joke, the pay is insane, and the only drawback is you have to look in people's disgusting mouths all day.

pretty sure it's the technicians/hygienists who have to look in mouths all day. the dentist is the one who comes out to talk to you for five minutes about golf, then goes back to his office to look at all the oversized novelty checks he got from insurers that day

scribe jones
Sep 17, 2008

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Law is patient, law is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud
The law is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

scribe jones
Sep 17, 2008

crankdatbatman posted:

You can't tell me that these law schools just sit here and exploit thousands of students each year. There's got to be some kind of career opportunity for people, even at trashy schools, right?

holy lol

scribe jones
Sep 17, 2008

entris posted:

hahaha I love that one! that's "stat", right - ie, "keep as is" ? usually when a partner made a correction then changed their mind?
"stet". but yeah.

scribe jones
Sep 17, 2008

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

If you're hanging a shingle, does it make sense to have a home office? If I cut down doing overtime at work, I could probably start doing a few cases here and there (bankruptcy? I actually have experience there; I interned for a bankruptcy judge once upon a time)...

Sure, if you want no-asset 7s traipsing through your house all day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scribe jones
Sep 17, 2008

Unamuno posted:

Started doing legal work today. On a completely unrelated note, suicide hotlines are anonymous and won't result in the authorities being notified, right? Asking for a friend.

"what's something I can do for a living that's even more soul-crushing than tournament poker? ah, of course"