Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

holybartender
Jun 27, 2004
Do you know how to make a holy bartender?

lipstick thespian posted:

Snitches get stitches.

This is the worst maxim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holybartender
Jun 27, 2004

JudicialRestraints posted:

Snitches dig their own ditches

Okay at least the other one isn't as wordy.

holybartender
Jun 27, 2004
That's a good point. Do you go to (Law) School of Hard Knocks?

I took a 20 page paper I wrote previously with 1" margins and changed them to .5" (top, bottom, left, right) and it shrank by about two pages. It's up to you, I guess. I don't know enough about law exams to say whether that'd mean a lot or not.

holybartender
Jun 27, 2004

methamphetamine posted:

Are you a rising 2L too? I don't have private messages but give me an email address and I'll tell you who I am. I rarely talked in class I dunno if you'd be able to guess.

I love how so many people is this thread think it's nerdy and lame to work hard and get good grades but then whine 24/7 about no jobs.

I'm about to be a 1L at Cornell. How hosed am I?

holybartender
Jun 27, 2004

methamphetamine posted:

Last year, which was the worst OCI ever, about 40% of the cornell students ended up with biglaw summer spots. If you want to practice in NYC you have a pretty good shot, but I definitely wouldn't start relaxing.

Why'd you decide to leave?

holybartender
Jun 27, 2004
I don't know why you insist on arguing with people who have either been around this process for years or have just gone through it and thus know what it's like now. Go root around lawschoolnumbers.com, and you'll see how you're likely going to be deciding between a #20-30 for full price or a low T1 with some money. You're not getting into Columbia barring secretly being black and not telling us.

No one cares about 'upward grade trends'.

holybartender
Jun 27, 2004
T12 or gtfo.

holybartender
Jun 27, 2004

Roger_Mudd posted:

Thank god Izzy is back, this place was getting dull!

Also chiming in to say 120k isn't *awesome* income for 2 people w/ kids (especially when one or both have post graduate degrees).

Edit: I think I might compete with this guy for dope Lawyer/MC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUfzOZIv4V0&fmt=18

I think he got banned for some pretty blatant Jew hating in the Jewish a/t thread. We can only enjoy fleeting moments of the only law student to enjoy the arts.

holybartender
Jun 27, 2004

Draile posted:

At least in New York City, it's standard practice for prosecutor's offices to ask ethical hypotheticals as interview questions. Here's one that comes up all the time. "You are prosecuting a man for stealing an old lady's purse. There are no witnesses other than the victim, but the lady got a great view of the defendant and has rock-solid testimony. Defense counsel has indicated to you that the defendant is willing to plead out. The day before the defendant is scheduled to give his plea, the lady has a heart attack and dies. Defense counsel doesn't know about this. Do you disclose the death of the lady to defense counsel, thereby threatening your case and his plea, or do you not make the disclosure and take the plea?"

Out of curiosity what is the answer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holybartender
Jun 27, 2004

Petey posted:

Just got into DC. What's that great burger place? Ray's Hell Burger or something?

I'm told that is, and Five Guys.