Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
Northwestern sticker or Loyola Chicago for 8k/year? She plans on staying in Chicago and doesn't want to work in biglaw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
It's not panda law, I'm pretty sure, but she's just really wary of the debt. She's worked as a paralegal at a small firm here for the past year and a half and I think that's what she has envisioned - I think Northwestern sticker is the better deal, worst case she can suffer some biglaw to knock out the debt and lateral somewhere she actually wants to be (and I went there) but I wanted to hear from someone who went there to confirm.

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
Job goes up on job board, I like job description, I send in application, they call me same day and have lovely conversation with lady on other end about position and firm.

Google named partner, he was publicly censured in 2011 for misconduct from 2005/2006 where he filed several things late/missed deadlines. According to the records he hasn't had any issues since 2007, but how much of a red flag is this?

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
I got called for jury duty last year but didn't have to go because I ended up moving out of county prior to the call date. I'd like to actually experience it though and my job give us pto for it.

Also long time no talk law thread, how's it going. Are people supposed to go to law school now, has everything changed? AMA about a year and a half of funemployment after graduating from a T14