Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

clockworkjoe posted:

Glad you like it so far. We have encountered one downside to Better Angels - a player absence impacts the group more than normal because of the demon RPing element.

Anyway, Mr. Stolze has a new Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gregstolze/mask-of-the-other-audiobook

That's a goddamned good Risks section on that Kickstarter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Doodmons posted:

Considering that's the exact paradox that powers Videomancy, I'd wager the not-relevant art has transformed into a more modern, internet based one.

Hunting for a seed for a rare torrent should be worth something.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Strange Matter posted:

What's the system for Termination Shock anyway?

Custom. You get three stats for basically social, combat, and doing tech stuff. Its design intent is to provide equal mechanical support to all three phases of the game. It looks like it succeeds. Someone should F&F it, I've been meaning to but just haven't gotten around to it.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Lichtenstein posted:

It's kind of weird. You have three stats that each get assigned a different die and you roll all three of them anyway when testing stuff (so the odds of success are pretty much universally constant). However, the die with the worst result defines which stats were responsible for failure/success - so for example if if your Energy (the forcefulness stat) is your smallest die, your failures will be more often flavored as you being hesitant or overpowered and the successes will generally go to other stats.

The stats also line up with the three domains of combat, social, and doing stuff. It looks like a really solid attempt at making an RPG with equal mechanical weight to all aspects of play. Someone should do an F&F of it, preferably not me, but I'll get to it eventually.