Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I'm a little fuzzy here, but isn't vulgar paradox backlash in Mage basically "your character is dead/removed from play, don't do that?"

Because that's a pretty stupid system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Got Unknown Armies on Amazon. It is the fourth printing, May 2010. This is probably one of the best roleplaying books every written. It's incredible.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

It's like a dream team (and Monte Cook)

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

A trip to Mars would definitely nail godhood for a couple of the Archetypes. The Explorer, for one. Bye-bye Columbus.

Smarter, more creative people than I could probably think up a few others.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

children overboard posted:

-all cavalry are female. Men believe riding horses makes you sterile (unless you ride sidesaddle, but that's no good for war or speed).

They don't just believe it, it's actually true!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Lemony posted:

So, I just started flipping through my copy of Dinosaurs in Space today. It is everything I could have hoped for. Which is to say that it's basically X-Com the RPG, only turned up to 11. The only thing that seems to stop it from replicating the X-Com experience is the apparent lack of frequent horrible death. Still, totally worth the money.

drat, yet another RPG I gotta buy.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

The thing that pisses me off the most is that at the bottom of the Better Angels Kickstarter is a link to that stupid loving Penny Arcade "no ads" campaign.

I told myself I wouldn't click it. I told myself it was only going to make me angry. But I was weak. I did click it. And it did make me angry.

Those two unfunny hacks are literally getting 20x what Better Angels needs to print a full-color book...for the removal of ads on some of the pages of their lovely comic website.

Life ain't fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I backed Thank you For Screaming and it is definitely pretty good. Not great, has a few misfires, but overall I enjoyed it.

I simply don't understand why Stolze isn't popularly recognized as being in the Top Tier of game designers. He is really, really good at setting and no slouch at mechanics.