Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

I'm running a UA 2nd edition game (because I already own the books and am poor) and I'm having some trouble figuring out how one of my players skills should work. They're playing a student who is all about fighting games, and their obsession skill is Mind Games (which I talked down from Fighting Games because I am not a good enough GM to make that not a waste of points.)

Their idea for Mind Games is that it's all about misdirecting and doing deliberately stupid stuff to mess with your opponent. It's a mind skill and it feels different enough to not be just another name for Lying.

So far the best idea I've had is to make it like Doublethink, or to let him give shifts based upon him appearing harmless or whatever. I'm not really happy with these ideas though. Can anyone give me a hand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

Hey I have a REIGN rules question: In an attacker vs defender conflict, do only the defenders matched dice become gobble dice, or do all of the dice they rolled become gobble dice, regardless of matches?

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

Does anyone have an idea for a better taboo for an urbanomancer? The whole "not being able to touch city soil" doesnt really make sense with the renewed focus on urban green spaces.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

One of my players is having a tough time grasping what gutter magick is and how it works, especially how it is distinct from ritual magick. Obviously I'm doing a bad job of explaining it. Does anyone have a good explanation/summary that I could send her?

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

mellonbread posted:

American Dreams
Three pre-baked modules designed for new players. Step into pregenerated cabals enmeshed in intricate webs of social relationships. Undertake various quests like like “stop your dad from sacrificing you to gain a major charge” and “become an avatar of the Firebrand to start a Maoist revolution in the bayou”.

The strongest is the third module, about a group of mages in Detroit trying to upload themselves into the metaphysical heart of the city in order to revitalize it. It has the most interesting content, and it most closely mirrors how a normal Unknown Armies game is set up, with the players pursuing milestones to accomplish an overall goal, dealing with NPC blowback at each stage.

Lacks the compact rules tutorial offered Maria in Three Parts, but better demonstrates Unknown Armies 3's core loop of self-directed play driven by character motivations. Good product.

My wife wrote this one! I helped playtest most of these one-shots, I think they're great. No, I'm not biased, why would you say that?