Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
The Demon trilogy and two of the Vampire: the Requiem books (A Hunger Like Fire and A Marriage of Virtue and Viciousness) are phenomenal.

Stolze trivia, he initially wanted to call the first vampire novel "My Drinking Problem".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Paradox amounted to some dice of bashing damage in both Ascenscion and Awakening (the latest versions, anyway). It got progressively worse as you used more vulgar magic in the same scene, though.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

northerain posted:

Always thought that was really poor game design. I mean it was logical, but still:
''Here's all this cool poo poo you can do. But if you do any of it, you will be penalized for it''.

It was better to deal your enemy several levels of agg. and take several levels of bashing than to do nothing. I do have a few complaints about the way Awakening's paradox system is set up, though, that's why I changed it in the game I don't run.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Evil Mastermind posted:

Also, Reign is probably the only game where random chargen is totally balanced with point buy.

Wrong. One of the tables gives you more points of Cooking than a regular character could buy.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

God damnit Greg Stolze why do you love making players choose between buying temporary and permanent advantages with XP so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

You can't push a pool over 10d unless you have something which explicitly says it can, like a demon-forged weapon that's already tasted its current target's blood.