Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot
I really wasn't interested in any of this at all but I kept reading the thread anyway, and then this page has really made me go "hot drat this sounds like good poo poo." Specifically,

FMguru posted:

Plutomancers, who use (other peoples') money to work magic, need to acquire $100 million in one lump sum.

Cliomancers, who use historical significance to fuel their magic, get a major charge for being the first cliomancer to visit an important historical site. Tranquility Base (on the moon) has a charge waiting to be harvested, as soon as some cliomancer figures out how to get there...

Epideromancers, who power themselves with pain and self-mutilation, have to permanently remove a body part (hand, nose, eye, etc.) to generate a major charge.

Entropomancers, who run on risk and luck, must risk their lives and the lives of at least 10 innocent bystanders on at least a 90/10 proposition.

Are you getting the sense that in UA, the quest for magical power tends to ruin your life and the lives of the people around you?

That is just loving awesome, therefore UA must be awesome. gently caress you guys I didn't want to learn another system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot

Bieeardo posted:

I believe we're overlooking the possibility that fruit cobbler might be folded into cobbling as well.

delicious