Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Don't be a wuss, he's still doing the $100 Executive Package. The preview made me bust out laughing, so I'd love to see this get printed and talk my new group into it some off-week. Plus a signed hardback would be sweet as hell. Still needs about 600 dollars, though. Hopefully he gets it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I read it through and the system seems pretty neat. I'm not totally sure what sort of game you'd use it for, though. It looks like something more modern.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

enigma105 posted:

It's both, physical book shipped plus PDF right away.

They actually aren't doing PDFs, due to the reduced cost.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm just going to say that this conversation about the backstory is what pushed me over the line of ordering Godlike Progenitor yesterday.

Edit: Durr, brain work good.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Dec 3, 2014

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Evil Mastermind posted:

Uh, we're talking about Progenitor, not Godlike...

I'm an idiot, I meant Progenitor. Ended up grabbing it, Wild Talents, and Grim War or whatever the name of it is.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Evil Mastermind posted:

The Unknown Armies 3e Kickstarter is live. $100 gets you all three books in physical and digital format. The drafts are available in the first update.

52k and a Kickstarter "projects we love" badge. Not too shabby.

I'm getting it all. :getin:

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 31, 2016

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

SunAndSpring posted:

So how are the mechanics changing in this edition?

The one that jumps out at me is that the core stuff seems more like FATE or 13th Age approaches and stunts/aspects than a normal crunchy percentile skill system. So you have your UA stress tracks (Violence, Helplessness, Self, Isolation, and Unnatural) and your fallback 'skills' are based on your open and hard marks in said tracks. Each has an upbeat and a downbeat ability. Violence, for example, has Connect based on open marks and Struggle for hardened. So you get worse at dealing with people like a normal person as you get more inured to violence and savagery.

At the same time, you have 2-4 identities that can be used in place of a specific ability and grant other perks, like protecting gauges and knowing how to shoot/forge/electrician your way out of problems. Like, if you're a Lawyer, you can use that to obfuscate, inveigle, and deceive instead of Lie (which is based on hardened notches in Self). Or you can say "of course I can fast-talk my way through this, I'm a lawyer" and just get away with it for more basic stuff.

In addition to your basic abilities and identities, you have relationships with people and organizations. These are typed (mentor, guru, favorite, etc) and can be used to protect gauges and the like. This also includes most interaction rolls with said person.

I'm not as deep into UA as a lot of folks to talk about the real deep differences, but this definitely seems like a much cleaner system.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 31, 2016

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Jenx posted:

Oh yeah, and have fun mining the ore with your home-made pick axe...which you also had to make from something you got yourself. Basically you need to go full Minecraft on this thing, and at the end, as you hold this gun in your hand and try and fire it, and it turns out it's actually useless? Well, though luck - time to start over.

That's obsession for you.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Oh, Speed Grapher has issues, alright. But yeah, it's very UA in how it approaches power and obsession and trauma and how that shapes your worldview.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

LatwPIAT posted:

I've already watched the episode set almost entirely in a drag club, so surely it can't get any worse. Surely.

Oh definitely, you're not at the top of the weirdness rollercoaster or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

LaSquida posted:

So most people who read this thread are probably aware, but in case you aren't: Greg Stolze's latest kickstarter for Terminarion Shock is struggling to fund.
It's the "design your own spacecraft for play" book so I'm really hoping it makes it, and it has add ons if you want to pick up rhe whole line for a song.

Greg's "here's the neat thing I want to make" approach really helped crowdfunding gain traction in the RPG space, but has struggled in the newer, stupider landscape these days. I hope this one makes it!

He really needed to put up at least another post on Different Trouble or any posts at all on the original Termination Shock KS. That's like, the audience most likely to give you more money. I backed Different Trouble and totally missed the update.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jun 9, 2023