Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
I remember that someone had a set of Photoshop actions for scanned negatives. I went through a bunch of pages in this and the Film thread but can't see them anywhere. Can someone repost them please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

BANME.sh posted:

That was me

https://www.iamthejeff.com/files/Film%20Editing.atn

Scan as positive, crop out frame edges and clone out any really bad dust specs, then apply the filter.

Awesome, thanks a lot dude.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
I'm scanning film with my Epson V600 as a positive .tiff file with all the scanner adjustments turned off (EpsonScan in pro mode), then running Banme.sh's actions on them. Then I flatten the image and save it so I can import it into Lightroom (my laptop cries if Ps and Lr are open at the same time). My question is that the colour balance is all over the place after running the actions. Is that normal? The result I get is very blue and not very contrasty. I'm finding that even with quite saturated filmstock like Ektar, I get relatively low-contrast results and getting accurate colours in Lr is very hard.

Am I missing something dumb? I'm having to move the tint and temperature controls in Lr almost to the furthest right of each slider just to get something that isn't blue.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Ok, so here are the results I'm getting.

Here's the scan. I just converted it to JPG, but otherwise it's untouched from the scanner.

Here it is after running the action with nothing else apart from flattening it and saving.

And here's hows far I had to move the sliders to get a usable result.

• Locked thread