Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Aerofallosov posted:

Well, I put in my two weeks' notice. The supervisor's been pretty awful to me ever since. But oh well. I suddenly am filled with glee that I won't have to listen to someone lie to me about why they can't be assed to print their own receipt, so this is all somehow my fault.

You should gently caress with some of your more terrible callers and tell us about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Solkanar512 posted:

You should gently caress with some of your more terrible callers and tell us about it.

And by callers, I really meant managers.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

viewtyjoe posted:

This is the exact reason that most call centers around here that don't hire through temp agencies make you sign a lovely contract when you enter training that states that if you quit before the training period is over, you will receive no wages. Companies aren't paying you to live off of jumping from training session to training session, after all.

How in the gently caress is that legal? You're there as an employee, you should get paid for your time. If people are leaving halfway through in this sort of economic environment, maybe it isn't the employees that are causing the problems.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Loving Life Partner posted:

Credit score, or "financial responsibility" is a lovely one to explain too. "Hey, we ordered a credit report and it dropped like a rock from A1 to J1, enjoy paying $500 more a year!"

This one in particular is rather lovely. I don't suddenly become a more dangerous driver or my house is more likely to be set on fire simply because my credit score changes.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS posted:

Really? It seemed so commonsensical I never doubted its actuarial basis. Is there somewhere laymen can learn about this stuff?

It makes sense to me, after all a teenager still has a short amount of experience driver, regardless of how well they're doing in AP Calculus. If fact, I would argue that the folks receiving lower grades are more likely splitting up their free time working, and driving there and back gives them more experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Loving Life Partner posted:

She then proceeds to tell me that she will be canceling her insurance policy as soon as possible, because she heard Peter B Lewis (a "chairperson" and figurehead, essentially of the company) is donating 8 BILLION DOLLARS to the American Civil Liberties Union, being (literally) a card carrying member, I was delighted to listen to this crazy dingbat.

She essentially said they're an awful terrorist organization that is seeking to overthrow the US Federal Government.

I started reading a "Peter B Lewis" script we have, because these calls happen at times, she interrupts me halfway to go ".. and in your latest commercial, Flo says 'power to the people', so you can see where THAT'S going"

Then she proceeded to tell me that she's a very influential person and when we get THOUSANDS of calls to cancel policies because of this, don't be surprised.

*click*

Anyway, yeah, fantastic.

Aww, it was only $8 Million. Still, that's pretty loving awesome of him!