Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

I've been denied all the best Ultra-Sex.
I work at a large call center in eastern PA. I think my department is probably gonig to be eliminated. Tell me if this adds up.

1. I'm supposed to be troubleshooting but half my calls are customer wishing to cancel that I make an attempt to troubleshoot/retain if possible or else transfer to retention.

2.Our product 3g/4g mobile devices is only useful to a select portion of the populace. People who need the internet (but not at speeds in excess of about 6mb/s peak and usually significantly lower) at locations other than their home adress. This service costs more, is less reliable than, and is slower than a typical wired internet connection, but most of our callers seem to use the home as the only point of connection.

Word directly from our supervisors is that there will be no new training class (no new agents) and that the client thinks we are properly staffed, yet people quitting/being fired over trival things is getting out of hand. We are down from a staff of 50 to about 20.

The kicker, we had brainstorming sessions where 5 or 6 agents at a time would discuss with the trainers what "issues with other departments" hindered our calls.
Epiphany - My department serves no purpose, sales already sells my product in addition to all the other products the client offers, retention supposedly handles my product, billing wont handle issues regarding my product, so we technical support guys just sorta figure out the bill stuff for our product as we go along.

To sum up, I'm about 90 percent certain they are firing as many people as possible to reduce costs before finally just parting out the troubleshooting and other tasks my department supposedly serves to the other normal departments. There are 20 of us troubleshooting the entire nation's 3g/4g card users for the client and they aren't hiring any more agents.

My average handle time is shorter than the department average, and my quality scores are higher than the department average. I was ranked 3rd out of 40agents before they fired about 15 of those and 5 quit, two of the quitters were better than me.
What should I do? How long might I have?

Prince Reggie K fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Sep 2, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

I've been denied all the best Ultra-Sex.
Also I've only been here 4 months. It's through a temp agency, so im hoping they'd move to another assignment in the building, it's huge, we're third party for a ton of companies. I contemplated asking to be moved to another department now though. Not sure if that will get me fired.