Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
A few years of working for TeleTech as a supervisor at their HQ was more than enough to cement the fact that call centers are hell for both the employees and the callers.

The only good thing that came out of it was enough stock options from the IPO to buy a nice camera before their value dropped like a loving rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Harminoff posted:

Teletech is complete poo poo and I hate that company so bad. I feel that 80% of my job is correcting issues that are caused by teletech. They also like to transfer customers without letting the customer know, so that when I get the customer they are really confused and always ask where the last guy is that put them on hold.

I don't know if you were ever on the floor, but we signed our calls with tcg/agent name/time in case you wanted to know who I worked for.

I worked three projects there starting in 1995. I got to see it expand ridiculously fast and how poorly they managed their growth. I'd already done 911 so handling difficult calls was easy for me and I did my best to shield my teams from the worst of the stupidity. It's probably the only place I've worked where they truly didn't give a poo poo about the employees. At the postal call center we had 100% turnover the first year it was open, going through 400 agents at a site meant to staff 400 people. That place was a misery and as management types abandoned it they were replaced by even worse people. I was quite happy to finally leave.

At least it's now really easy for me to handle customer service people when I have to call a call center. Right away I know if they're good or bad, chained to a script, etc. I can be your best or worst caller because I know exactly how things work and how it should be done. :colbert: