Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

I'm glad I found this thread. I was a semi regular poster in the old one.

I have 3 years in at a banks call center. I hate my job, and currently have about a month left untill I step down from full time tier 2 to a part tiem tier one. I am ecstatic. I keep the same hourly pay but only have to be here 4 hours a day.

They recently changed a lot of our policies. We used to be able to listen to mp3 players, and what not, and then it changed to not during the hours of 8-5, but after mid management left at 5, it was okay, now its 8:30pm, and my floor manager jsut told me to take my mp3 player and put it in my car. Oh well, extra smoke break today.

But now I get to listen to the mouthbreather next to me that spends all day looking at womens lingerie websites and the valley girl on the other side of me that wont shut the hell up. And if I can hear over them, I get wonderful elevator music.

I know its a petty thing to bitch about, but over the last three years, my music has been whats kept me sane at my job. I have different playlists based upon what mood I am in that helps me stay calm and cheerful.

loving fantastic. One month then I get to go to school full time and only have to work part time. Might be worth looking into a different place of employment since I only need 20 to 25 hours a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

ZeroDays posted:

I don't know what bank you work in, or even what country, but in my (UK) experience, you would definitely NOT be able to listen to music at any time, i-Pod, radio or anything, or be allowed to visit websites outside the bank's intranet. I guess what I'm saying is that wherever you work, you don't actually have it that bad.

Out of curiousity, how does listening to an i-Pod work when taking calls?

Yeah, we are only blocked by firewall from going to social sites or game sites. I even browse sa while at work. As for the music, ear bud in left ear on really quiet to drown out the asshats around me and the annoying elevator music from the overhead speakers. I like to think of it as a way to stay destressed as I can listen to my music and have to be bothered by my surroundings allowing me to better focus on my callers. I just have been spoiled with how it was the the first three years I worked there.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

So after a few weeks of wondering of I was going to have to choose between working or going to school, I found out that I can do both!

Originally they didnt know if they could approve me going to part time because they need full time help, and I was hired on as a full time rep. But they are letting me go down to 24 hours a week, and pick my own schedule. And I just got a raise, yay!

I am one step closer to getting out of the hell that we all know as call centers.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

gently caress the end of call surveys.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Harminoff posted:

Heh, these are funnny with my company because if someone calls into customer service, and needs to be transferred to my department (retentions) it see's that as an end to the first call and calls them with the survey.

Also, by the new year I think I will hit my 20,000 inbound call as I am at 19,955 right now. What have I done with my life :(

How many years is that? I take about 100 inbound calls a day a day on average, some days less, some more, but about 100 people a day, 20 working days a month, 2000 calls a month, been here 38 months so statistically I would have taken 76,000 inbound calls.

I feel your pain... what have we done with our lives.

KeanuReevesGhost fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Dec 29, 2010

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

alreadybeen posted:

2) Were the reps making these rules up on the phone? It seems ridiculous to have to wait days before getting refunded back after they double billed and even more ridiculous you can only back out the last transaction.

They need to make sure your payment actually clears through, and there are no problems with it before giving you money back. The bank I work for has a 10 day waiting period for paper checks to be refunded and a 5 day waiting period for electronic/ach/autopays to be refunded. It sucks for you, the customer, yes. I agree 100%.

But the reason why most companies have this rule, especially on "Final billings" when you can do a check by phone, but they wont know for 3 or 4 days at the minimum if your bank will honor the payment. If they refund you the money on day 2, but your payment to them bounces on day 5, guess who has to eat that money? The company. And companies hate having to eat costs. Hence, rules.

And sorry if this sounds snarky, it is not supposed to, just been a long week.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Tennis Ball posted:

I even took their customer satisfaction survey once.

This rant is not anything against you, at all, please don't think that.

Our monthly bonuses are dependent on a lot of different metrics, handling time, hold time, calls per hour, not ready time, and QA monitoring scores. They are also dependent on how many customers we get to take our surveys. IF we don't get above a certain percentage, we don't get any bonus. It does not matter how awesome we did on all our other metrics.

What really gets me is the people that call in 5 or 6 times a day for their balance, or to go over the same transactions for the 5, 6th or 7th time, but refuse to take the survey. Or, they'll say that they took the survey last week, they don't need to now. I know people could give a poo poo less about the phone jockey on the other side of the 1-800 number, but it literally takes 30 seconds. Our management does not even care if the customer does the survey, they can hang up as soon as we transfer them to it, as long as it shows the call went into the system, we get credit.

And this isn't me sperging out because I don't get a bonus check at the end of the month, our bonuses are abysmal compared to what they used to. I used to get 300-400 dollars monthly on my bonus. Now a 100% on all metrics and what not nets you 65-75 dollars. The issue is that if we don't get our bonus then we are viewed as not doing our jobs and then we start getting in trouble.

All over loving customer satisfaction surveys.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Tennis Ball posted:

That really sucks. :(. Is there anyway as a customer I could voice my opinion on this and tell them to knock it off?

Unfortunately no, even when the feedback from the customer is that they shouldn;t be hounded for feedback, that is viewed as getting feedback, so the surveys must work! Or if you actually talk/write/email a supervisor about it, they will pass it along to their supervisor, who passes it along, yadda yadda yadda. The surveys are here to stay.

Some call centers don't hold it against the reps if they have low survey numbers, some do. I just agree to take 30 seconds to 2 minutes out of my day to take the survey if I need to call into a call center.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

The Downfall posted:

I work in the Grocery Industry and alot of the time customers will say 'O <me> is a great worker blah blah give him a raise blah blah'
Ever since I got a job where getting the good word from a customer I've always stuck around for the survery just so I can help the poor guy on the other end, and reading through this thread I'm always sure to be nice to call center reps no matter how mad I was at the moment. Then usaully thanking them and telling them to keep up the good work blah blah.

Thank you on behalf of the call center phone jockeys you talk to.

In other news, had my 3 year review, and rocked it. Apparently I got 46 compliments in the year of 2010. Hell yes!

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

gomababe posted:

Dang, it's been ages since I posted in here and I don't even have any stories to share right now :(. I do, however, have a quick question: Des anyone havw a favourite stress thoy they like to keep on hand to bash about so they don't lose it with the customers? I've had a few, but my latest one is starting to fall apart at the moment and I need something a little sturdier now the new tax year's just started.

My mom's a tax advisor, and I work with excrow accounts and mortgages, so we both get super stressed this time of year. This year my dad got us these stress face things where you can squeeze, push in, pull out, and just gently caress this persons face. It's my new favorite stress toy right next to my football I like to randomly launch over cube walls into other friends cubes.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Stress toys?

Pen lids. My desk is a veritable graveyard of mangled pen lids.

I chew those things into unrecognizable messes. To stop myself from doing that, I just throw them away.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

A New Name posted:

People are calling for 1099 forms and stuff like that since tax season is at a close and I had a really pleasant customer say to me, "Listen, tomorrow's gonna be rough, and so is Monday, but just keep your chin up, keep smiling, and you'll get though."

Sometimes I love my customers. :)

Mondays are my day off, my day to do homework. I just got scheduled to do a noon to midnight because of expected call volume.

I hope my manager isnt to pissed, cause I am not coming in. I got homework to do.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

What gets me about this, is with a bit of thought its really really easy to do rotas.

With the amount of bitching I heard about them, from both sides of the fence when I had to cover a month holiday and write out the rotas I was expecting a nightmare. However, some logical thinking and half an hour with excel and you can work with even the most difficult schedules and know well in advance if you have a problem, or even might have a problem if you have any sickness\holiday.

The fact so many managers can't do it, well, its just pure laziness\ incompetence. It also makes me mad.

We have some fancy pants program that projects call volume weeks in advance and schedules people, that cost us god only knows how much to implement, but we had 4 people quit on Thursday. Well, one got fired, one handed in their 2 weeks notice and was told to pack their poo poo, and the other 2 just got up and left. They were all loans reps so we went from 15% of our reps being able to handle loans to about 7%, but I don't give a poo poo. My schooling comes first, and they know this

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Fil5000 posted:

Even the fancy pants software should be able to cope with stuff like "I cannot do mondays". What it SHOULD do is generate a bunch of template schedules which your rostering guys assign people to. They should a) make sure they have at least one template set with no mondays in it and b) assign that set to you.

Excel's ok until you start getting into multiskilled agent groups, off phone activity requirements, etc etc - as soon as you're taking thousands of calls a day and you're open something other than 9-5 you probably want some workforce management software AND some decent training on it.

Haha, our software is called Workforce Management! Thats funny, and yeah, I agree 100%. Luckily my direct manager (who pleaded with me to stay when I was musing over quitting to focus on school full time) stepped up to the plate and is actually going to *gasp* live the day of a rep tomorrow and work at least 4 hours of core loans calls to help out.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Fil5000 posted:

If it's the one made by Aspect then it's the one I use - it's insanely powerful and clever but requires a real training investment across a long time - there's too much in it to get your head around right away and so many parameters you can gently caress around with that it's easy to get lost. I've been using it for two years and I'm nearly getting the hang of it.

It's really really easy, though, to just set it all on autopilot and have it build schedules with no regard for preferences. Frankly, where I am we could do with a bit more of that sort of thing though; so many people have compressed hours, "can't" work sundays, etc that it's become a bit of a joke. Work/life balance, sure, but if you say in the interview you can work literally any shift, gently caress off coming to the rostering guys two days into training to try and get Monday off every week.

Yeah, I work the same hours every week built around my school schedule, and this was the first time they tried to change it up on me and it was just due to all of a sudden we were short 4 out of the 9 people we were supposed to have on that day for loans and it being a busy tax day they wanted extra help. Except they didnt ask, They assigned me for a 12 hour shift on a day I wont work, and during the week I only do 4 hour shifts because of classes and homework.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Loving Life Partner posted:

I hate when people get indignant that their card was rejected. Dude I dunno why the hell your card was declined, it doesn't says "REJECTED: CARDHOLDER IS A BROKE LOSER gently caress", you don't have to go "THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE, THAT ACCOUNT HAS FORTY SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS IN IT!" why don't you just assume there's something wrong with the card part and call your bank instead of having me try to run it 3 times. We process about 50,000 credit cards a day, and we like making money, I'm sure our system is working. tia.

On the other end of this "YOU ASSHOLES BLOCKED MY CARD AND THERE IS FORTY SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS IN IT!"

Yeah, and you've spent 2 thousand today all over and our security department has called you twice, and you hung up on them twice. So, you got a security hold on your account until it could be verified that your card hasnt been stolen.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

I had a fun one today.

Guy has a mortgage and a second mortgage with us. He sells half an acre to the Department of Transportation so they can expand the road. He gets a check for about 10,000 written to him and us.

Proceeds to attempt to rip me a new rear end in a top hat today because we are going to take 8 grand of that check due to his property level plummeting due to the sale. Explained to him multiple times that not only does he have a mortgage, but also a second mortgage. We own his house and his land. He "rents" from us essentially until his debt is paid off to us. Not only did he lose a lot of land, theres now going to be a 4 lane highway in front of his house which caused his property value to plummet and he has to keep at most a 80% loan to value, and this sale took him to 90%. Which is against his contract, and he was told this would happen about a month ago

I was super nice about it, until about 20 minutes into the phone call when he responded to everything with "You are a motherfucker". Then my manager who was listening in on it, emailed and told me to do what I need to do to get it through his head that he needs to mail us the check, and we will give him the leftovers, and to end the call at any means possible.

Which was at the same time he was spouting off about having his credit union cash the check anyways and just "gently caress us" because of whatever reason.

I got to respond that he sure can go ahead and do that, but he will have to spend that 10,000 on lawyers when we sue him for the property and court costs, over which he will lose due to violating his contract and then he will be out not only the 10,000, but also his house and most likely will never be approved for another mortgage again.

He said fine, he'll send us the check. Told him to have a nice day.

"Yeah, you have a loving great day to, you loving rear end in a top hat" (Stay classy man, stay classy.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Tennis Ball posted:

I'm getting promoted to tier 2 as soon as they hire a replacement for me on tier 1 and I recover from surgery. Aw yeah.

I've been promised tier 3 for 2.5 years. I have given up.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Aerofallosov posted:

r. My old call center complained that OMG 9 dollars an hour to take 7 kinds of calls was TOO MUCH. Seriously?

Seriously? I make just under 14/hour with CPH of 12. Unless you are talking 7 different KINDs of calls, then I get paid that to take 9 different types of calls. Dont worry, call centers always think they pay you to much, and any monkey can do your job blah blah blah

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Lord Windy posted:

How often do you guys lose people in your centres?

My wave lost it's first member, she was fired for spending too much time off sick. I know these centres go through alot of people very quickly, but she was a good person and I liked working with her. I'm missing her a lot already, and very E/N about it all.

Ah well :(

My group had 10 people. 3 didn't make it through training, another 2 quit within the first month, and 3 more have since gotten fired in the last 3 years I have been at this center.

General rollover....we lose about 2 people a month, out of around 50 and 70 employees. A lot of them move to other departments within the bank, but a lot quit/get fired.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Ugh.

What the gently caress is it with people always spelling their names. I don't need you to spell it, just say it. Or at least say it and spell it. And its not just people with weird names. I've had the name John spelled to me 3 times today.

And another thing aggravating me today. We have to read the customers home phone off to them to make sure it hasnt changed and our records are correct. What pisses me off is the customer interrupting me to rattle off their phone number. When I am already halfway through.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Hahaha, I hate the "NAME RANK SERIAL NUMBER" people.

HI THIS IS JOE BLOW, 112 MAIN STREET, SOCIAL 123-45-4444, BIRTHDAY THE 4TH MONTH THE 7TH DAY 1953!

Especially when they didnt give me their account number at all, so I sit there, stare at my blank screen until they are done.

Okay, Mr. Blow. Can I have your account number?

-Yes, its 0987654321

Thank you. And now that I have your information up on my screen, can I have you reverify your address, dob, and ssn?

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Harminoff posted:

It is pretty annoying though when current customers do it as you have their name in front of you and are just verifying.

Yeah, I should have specified, I am not actually typing their name in, just verifying. It was even more aggravating, last night near the end of my shift I had a customer that spelled his name, his street name, his city and his state. And then had me spell my name (first and last) back to him.

That's another thing that aggravates me. My company decided that we are not allowed to withhold personal information from the customers. If a customer asks the address of where I work, my first and last name, and my hours when I work, I have to give it to them. Slightly discerning since I frequently get to tell people they need to leave their house or be removed by sheriffs department. They get kind of angry and make all sorts of wild threats.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Harminoff posted:

Maybe it is the way you are asking for it if you have that many people spelling it as I only have someone spell out their name maybe once a week.

Do you ask them to state their name?

"Hi, I have a question on my account" (or variation there of)

"Okay, and can I have your name please?" (never changes)

Ghostnuke posted:

WTF, tell them to gently caress off.

I wish I could. If I refuse to disclose the information, there is disciplinary action including losing bonuses, demoted, or fired.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Can't you just give like an employer id number or extension that will work just as well for their purposes?

We used to, up until about 7 months ago. Now, if asked, we need to give full name, even middle name if they ask for it, the address of where we work, and what days and times we work.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Invis posted:

I do it just once, if they persist in not wanting to listen then it's clear I'm not getting through to them so I just let them go.

I would hang up on you at that point.

If I tell you I am not interested, and you keep pitching, your done. I will interrupt you to tell you to put me on the DNC, and hang up my phone.

Edit: Sorry, that came across kind of dick-ish. Wasn't supposed to be.

KeanuReevesGhost fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jun 3, 2011

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Revol posted:

After Wednesday, I had serious doubts if I could do this. After today, I'm feeling a little better about it.

You will get the hang of it.

For the first 3 months of my job, I felt like I needed to quit, or I would get fired. I was horrible, always nervous, and didn't think I could handle it and having anxiety issues.

I'm getting close to my 4 year mark, and its all just a dry, boring, infuriating routine at this point. Want to scream at me, call me a vapid cock sucking oval office, and tell me how I am basically the devil? Yawn. I have heard it all before. Those calls dont get to me anymore, at all. I just mute myself, and browse SA on my phone while throwing a "Mmhmm" or "Okay" in there while they get it out of their system.

The customers that get to me mentally are the middle aged people that are quiet, soft spoken, very respectable and you can tell from the sound of their voice, they are broken inside. They want to know any last ditch effort they have to save their house, and the majority of them are people that are now unemployed that used to make 45k+ a year and now with Unemployment make maybe 20k if that. Those calls get to me every time.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

gomababe posted:

OK so now I'm really peed off. According to my line manager if I still haven't got my voice back by tomorrow then I'll need to take sick leave until it comes back to full strength because I'm only allowed to do two days of admin {which I did last week because my voice decided to go completely}. The thing is, I'm still perfectly capable of doing other work, I just can't be on the phones because for some stupid reason my voice has decided to up and go for almost a week now. I'm going to the doctor's tomorrow first thing to find out what's up, but I've got two weeks left in my backslide period {I haven't been off sick for three months now, I'm just having a lovely run of luck} and I cannot risk taking any time off work until that's over, or risk being fired.

I will reiterate, I am perfectly capable to go into work and do something other than be on the phones, and frankly I'd rather go into work and do something rather than sit at home and get bored. Any advice from anyone that's either been in a similar situation themselves, or knows of someone who has? I'm starting to get paranoid.

Family Medical Leave Act(FMLA), if applicable where you are at. A coworker of mine is constantly losing her voice and would of been fired a long time ago. My companies Sick Policy is that you are only allowed to be sick 3 times in a rolling 12 month period. If you get a doctor to issue you FMLA you can be out up to 12 weeks, with no repurcussions.

Edit: You can only get FMLA if you have been employed there over 12 months.

http://www.employer-employee.com/fmla.html
http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/benefits-leave/fmla.htm

KeanuReevesGhost fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jun 5, 2011

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Well, I was just incredibly rude to a customer, and I know it was wrong but it felt so loving good

Guy calls for information on his mortgage, get his loan number, and try verifying address and last 4 of ssn, standard protocol. Except he pitches a bitch fit about it and goes "Do you want me to hold my left left while hopping on my right and covering my right eye?"

:v: "I am sorry sir, but that would be pretty difficult to see through a phone line, so why dont we just stick with the address and last 4 of your ssn?"

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Aerofallosov posted:

I am now an accessory to breaking federal law. AWESOME. All because some assclarinet wouldn't have her daughter unlock her account. Oh no, mommy's gonna lie. Then as I start to hang the phone up, I hear "(Accountholder)! What do you want your password to be!?"

This is /after/ I asked her if she was the account holder, AFTER I explained that it was federal law. She sounded far too old to be 18 and she had this horribly smug tone to her voice.

Sure, lady. Go ahead and live thinking 'oh ho ho, I duped that snotty tech support bitch'. I KNEW something was amiss, but I can't really call her on it. :/ Awesome.

Luckily we can call them on it. We can just tell them we feel that this is a security measure better handled at the branch and freeze their online banking until they go into the branch with a photo ID.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

So a guy calls to go over some activity on his account and all that jazz, and I am looking at the last reps note on his account. And then I got to say something to a customer I never thought I would get to say.

“Sir, in reviewing the notes, I would just say you might want to contact your mother. She contacted us earlier with concerns about you being abducted in Tijuana.”

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

YF19pilot posted:

Depends on the call center, I suppose. Legal threats go to supervisors right away at my work. Then again our legal department consists of a single paralegal. I wouldn't mention seeking legal action right away, either, only if it really does seem like you're not getting anywhere.

Legal threats go to supervisors, along with BBB and OCC threats,and from there goes to a specialty group of 6 or 7 people who have been with us for 20 years each that sole purpose is retention and diffusing situations that could leave us with egg on our face/bad PR. If there is still an issue, then it gets handed off to our law firm, and they go and play ball.

But I suppose we have to take stuff seriously to keep our reputation. Our companies footprint is only in 3 states, and we ranked in last year at 22.5 Billion in assets.

KeanuReevesGhost fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jul 1, 2011

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Fil5000 posted:

In terms of timing, I dunno, we've always expected people to be logged in and ready to go at their start time (because they'll sure as gently caress be out the door on the dot) rather than just sitting down at their desks. On more than a few occasions I was fielding my first call while my PC actually got logged in, but as long as I was answering calls it was all good.

Speaking from a forecasting/scheduling standpoint, the whole reason you get rostered to start at 9 is because there's a certain expected demand at that time - if everyone's just sitting down and getting booted up then then you're going to have abandons out the rear end.

I wouldn't mind if I got paid for the 10 minutes it takes for me to boot the machine and load all my programs to get ready for my shift.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS posted:

My call center lost a lawsuit over this poo poo, so they changed their written policy but did nothing to change their actual policy.

My plan is to sue if I ever get shitcanned, but for the time being I do not want to stir the pot. Regardless of the 10 minutes a day of pay I lose, its still one of the top paying jobs in our area, and our job market is poo poo.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

So....
Work is undergoing a new "Cost Advantage Strategy" to see where the most time is spent during the day. Customer Service is the pilot group, but all departments are going to undergo it, to see where the most work is to see what they can do to cut down on the time it takes.

To cut costs, they bought around 40 iPads, and select people get to use them. To track every loving movement of theirs of the day.

Take a loans call, track it. Take a call that deals with deposits, loans, and time deposits? Track all three. Get a hang up call, track it. Waiting for a customer to call? Track it. Take a piss. Track it. On top of all our normal tracking.

I don't understand how spending upwards of 20,000 on unnecessary gadgets and causing more work which takes more time is beneficial when all of this is already tracked by WorkForceManagement software.

That being said, I get a spiffy new iPad to play with for the next month. :D

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Mochiloc posted:

So what do you put "playing Angry Birds HD" under on the tracking system?

"Miscellaneous: Other: System Issues"

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

It is a lovely day in my call center.

My town got hit hard with storms last night, our entire service center of 1000 employees is shut down, except customer care.

We have no lights, no A/C, no elevators, the towns water is currently considered contaminated so we cant drink the water, and generators are running our computers and phones.

The storm caused water damage and partially flooded the center, we have wet carpets and we are on the 4th floor. It is loving humid as poo poo and 93 degrees in here.

Managements way to "help us"? Bring us sub sandwhiches, a minimal amount of bottled water, and allow us to wear shorts and sandals and t shirts.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

dustbin posted:

Why do the phones never go down in situations like this?

Because we are hated. :(.

Here it is, 9:39PM, I ahve a desk light, a computer, a fan, and my phone. No overhead lights are on. The AC is still off.

It is 92 degrees in here I cannot wait to be done with work so I can deal with the insurance company on filing the claim on the damage my car undertook from this same storm.

And then I will do what most call center people I know. Drink till they forget the day they just had.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Fizzle posted:

The company's "solution" to this problem the following day was to bus employees to a different call center approximately 2 1/2 hours away, have us work for approx 3 hours, and get us back on the bus again to go home. Honestly, it was better than a normal work day for us.

I would love this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Aerofallosov posted:

Also, I'm going to shank one of the new guys for burning popcorn in the breakroom not once, but twice. That is a smell that does not go away quickly...

And I guess not, but it sucked having to suck down benadryl just so I could breathe in there.

Burnt, microwaved popcorn is a horrid smell for drat sure.