Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bisty Q.
Jul 22, 2008
Such an arrangement is illegal in the US under the FLSA.

What the more legitimate companies do is pay you minimum wage until the completion of training, optionally offering a 'floor bonus' of the difference between your 'real salary' and minimum wage once you complete training.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisty Q.
Jul 22, 2008
My call center pet peeve are ones that were obviously designed by the same sadists that do scheduling for call center operators, where you can picture the neckbeard who wrote the phone tree going all :smug: while he disables 0.

I called a credit card company last week, "listened carefully because our options have changed", no option was remotely relevant to what I was calling about, hit 0, and it hung up on me with "0 is not a valid option. Goodbye."

gently caress you, keeping my account open with you is not a valid option. Who the gently caress does this? It's just designed to make me more furious when I finally DO talk to a real person who can actually help me.