Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Beep Street posted:

Last year a main water pipe burst which caused the call centre I was working in to have no running water whatsoever. Rather than provide replacement facilities/send us home as the law requires we were told to continue working and not to worry there was anti-bacteria hand gel in the loo. It was quite a hot day so all the water in the drinking fountain ran out quickly. The toilets utterly stank of piss within an hour, it was truly vile. 8 hours in a building without water is just horrid. Got to keep the clients happy. I no longer work there.

Last year was an unseasonably cool summer but of course during the only weeklong stretch where it got up to about 90 each day, our AC broke and was down the entire week. We were allowed to wear shorts and had fans going everywhere but when temps are reaching 85 degrees inside, it makes the job that much more difficult to put up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
I got kept after the end of my shift for over 20 minutes on Friday. I was livid. It was the money capper to a lovely day in general - my boss was off which means everybody comes running to me with all their poo poo so I can't get any of my own work done because I'm too busy wiping everyone else's rear end for them.

About 25 minutes before I was supposed to leave, one of my reps came over with the old, "I have someone on the phone who refuses to let me assist - she will only speak to a supervisor.."

Great. We really don't have supervisors - we have a few leads and we report directly to the department manager, so we get all the elevated calls.

I get on the phone and the situation was nothing I had any control over in the first place. Her last two payments to us were declined by her credit card company. She demanded that we call her cc company and iron it out. Our accounting department won't do that (they route ALL their "stuff that needs calls" to CS and act like they're allergic to picking up the loving phone), so she demanded I do a conference call to them.

So in the interest of getting this poo poo settled so I could get out of there on time, I did. Of course, she demanded a supervisor there as well and then proceeded to be a rude bitch to that poor lady as well. The credit card company lady went into this long explanation about the whys and whats to the situation and that THEY would need to make an outbound call to "the merchant" (us) to verify some stuff.

So what happens? They call in and get the same rep that gave the original call to me in the first place. She got with our payment processor seemed to be getting it sorted out. This is when I notice I've been listening to this poo poo for nearly an hour and so I just quietly dropped off the conference call and left in a lovely mood.

I think that's the straw that broke this camel's back. The company a friend of mine works for is hiring and as much as I hate to start over fresh at a new job (I just started getting 3 weeks vacation), I'm going to do their online application in a while.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Loving Life Partner posted:

I played so much WoW between calls today that I forgot that I was on the job and got irritated when a call buzzed in.

Help desk monkey here. Been an hour since my last call and I'm on the clock for another hour and a half. Browsed a lot of the forums and played a lot of Trivia Crack today.