Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

i've been in the same password reset call with a guy for half an hour now. please deliver me from this hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

2 weeks in on taking calls, and i just had a threat to sue because we have no way of getting in touch with our fraud department

e:gently caress fraud calls and gently caress companies that outsource the consumer service because now we can't even get in touch with the fraud team and mother gently caress why is that even allowed

PenguinKnight fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 27, 2016

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

i realize that that's an issue, but us just being able to say "please tell us these faxed forms aren't just going to an empty warehouse and eyeballs are on them" would help out with consumer relations a whole lot

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

FSA's are:

1) an idiot trap

2) complete and utter hell to describe to to use to said morons

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Holyshoot posted:

How so? Type 1 diabetic here and I get one for 1000 dollars cause that's my deductible. Once I hit it using that pre tax money they do a 80/20 split on my pump supplies for the remainder of the year.

They're frustrating to deal with just because of the entire receipt thing. I'm not sure if your own one are as strict as the ones we manage, but having to explain 8 times each about why a receipt is needed and why the one sent in isn't good enough is frustrating as hell and is slowly draining me

I was being overdramatic last night with the idiot trap thing. I was in a call for 30 minutes explaining why the receipts that were sent in weren't good enough, and why we even needed them in the first place, right after getting out of another FSA call.

PenguinKnight fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Nov 3, 2016

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Yeah your provider/handler is way easier to deal with than how we're set up to handle employer's FSAs. I doubt we'd even allow the pdf afterwards.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

There is nothing worse than coming back to work from a holiday and everything being (metaphorically) on fire. Call trackers don't work, the network drive that has forms is down, we can't create tickets to various teams for FSA claims to review submitted things.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

lol just got spoken to because i didn't take any "optional" overtime for this month. get hosed my time is my time hire more people

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

gently caress the dumbass superbowl and this dumbass company for blocking any kind of time off the day afterward. i've got a tooth that needs to be pulled and it's driving me insane and then i've had to move the appointment back because of open enrollment and now because of the superbowl :(

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Holyshoot posted:

IDK if it's bad taste to toxx in this regard but GoDaddy? If so GOOD LUCK. Worked their 5 years and the day after super bowl is their holy grail for the year.

nope! just a HSA/FSA company

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Samizdata posted:

At a call center I worked at, they hooked the cable up to a projector and just ran the Superbowl on a wall...

there's absolutely no issue with getting the superbowl watched. it's just that they day afterward, they are blocking all time off for call center people, even if it's for medical reasons

PenguinKnight fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 30, 2017

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

holy gently caress people are gigantic pissbabies about passwords. we need to have them changed twice a year, which you'd think be really lax for a thing that has money in it.

nope. people go loving ballistic, and i hate everything a little bit more

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

i get that it may not be best practices or whatever the poo poo, but i would at least wish people that call in would not have huge shitfits that would leave a toddler muttering "jesus christ"

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

i want to be able to tap into whatever force assholes have that let them know that we're closing for the night soon and should call in NOW to pitch a fit. always 6pm

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

jesus loving christ i am so sick of loving tax questions. all i've goddamn done all day for the past 2 months are just answering where the 1099 is, why there isn't a 5498 and things like that and i can't stand it anymore. and then i realized that this poo poo won't end till may because people are lazy, gormless shits who can't do anything on time

i've been browsing indeed and other job sites trying to find entry level jobs in my field, with no luck so far :smithicide:

PenguinKnight fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Mar 13, 2017

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

for the past 3 weeks, i've been unable to leave on time. they think that 6 people are enough to close, but that's not the case. every new person they bring on is promptly placed at the opening shift, meaning that after 3:30, it's always busy as hell as half our drat work force just leaves for the day, so everyone that works till closing has been stuck with leaving like half an hour afterward due to the queue not being finished.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

They are, and it counts as overtime, but I'd rather be anywhere else but here once it's time to go.

e: mother gently caress i keep getting chosen to help with training new people, so this entire past week I've been eating lunch right before i leave almost

PenguinKnight fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Mar 30, 2017

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

I am fighting back so hard to ask everyone that calls in pissed because their accountant needs their tax forms right now why they've decided to put off doing taxes until now. It's not like we've had that poo poo available since mid-January

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

i get the feeling it will be this way through all of April and maybe even May because people are stupid lazy shits :suicide:

e: our website does not work in safari, due to the https certificate. we have no known IT people that we can report this to, and we just get told by supervisors "it's being worked on". It's been this way for about a month at this point

PenguinKnight fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Apr 12, 2017

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Things that needs to get fixed don't get fixed. For the past 3 months, people haven't been receiving emails when they request password requests. For the past 5 months, our website won't work with a major browser. All this poo poo could get fixed and take a load off the people that work in the call center, so that our shifts don't turn into 100 call hells with half of them being password resets, but no.

e: and then people ask us for general computer poo poo. i don't know crap about how your computer's set up and what programs you're using

PenguinKnight fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 2, 2017

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Tuesday, I forgot to punch out at the end of my shift. I let a supervisor know about it first thing when I got there in the morning. Wasn't fixed at 3; let the supervisor know about it again, and got told that it would be taken care of by the time he leaves that evening. Still isn't loving fixed yet. I'm letting him know again today and if it still isn't taken care of by 3 today, maybe start of tomorrow, I'm going to HR and probably looking into the department of labor.

e: heard back from sup: "did you need it to be fixed" yeah, dumbass, that's why i messaged you twice yesterday, scroll up idiot!

PenguinKnight fucked around with this message at 19:18 on May 4, 2017

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

help i've found myself in some weird universe where mondays are weirdly calm and tuesdays are the busy days

e:i swear to god people go out of their way to act as stupid as loving possible so that we do everything for them

e2: I am so loving sick of fighting people about receipts needed for the FSA substantiation.

PenguinKnight fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 21, 2017

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

i am so sick of these dumb motherfuckers and their dipshit passwords

gently caress STATEMENT DAY

e: we probably have the most lax password requirements out of all of the financial institutions, how do you fuckers struggle with this monthly :cripes:

PenguinKnight fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jul 5, 2017

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

legsarerequired posted:

one higher-up stopped sending emails with pictures of coffins

What the gently caress :catstare:

I am getting real sick of processes just changing monthly and only getting about half the info I need to complete the new process. Got a blocked account? send a message to the operations team, not the blocked account team now. Except you get told that you didn't put it on a tracker of some kind that a supervisor neglected to mention in an email.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

they want someone to work 10 hours of over time a week to process forms. not in a million loving years.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Pure Trance posted:

Anybody ever experience depersonalization as a result of this work? My brain feels funny, today...

Not much I can do but sit down and take... More calls...

yes. this and browsing the internet are the only ways i can make it through the day

e: this is going to be helpful today, because the loving call tracking program has shat the bed on a Monday, our busiest day of the week

PenguinKnight fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jul 24, 2017

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

I really don't enjoy getting into fights with consumers about information. Told a consumer that a card isn't working because it was closed 4 years ago.

"Your account with us had been closed all the way back in 2013"
"That can't be right. Was it a request done by the employer or by the system"
"It was done with a form that was sent back in October of 13."
"Signed by me?"
"Yes"
"That can't be right!"

:catstare:

e: there's been so many goddamn false-positive OFAC failures it is insane

e2: Had to grill a person to make absolutely sure they were on the right log in page. Turns out after 4 times asking, they were on the wrong website! of course it's still our fault

PenguinKnight fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Aug 1, 2017

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

I am so loving sick of the fraud calls. We tried warning our supervisors that some group got a whole bunch of credit data and have been making fraudulent charges. We get told that it's not our loving business to report that stuff.

2-3 weeks later, everyone calls in pissed at us because we didn't do anything or even notifying them. This could have been way less bad and people would have had way less stolen if the supervisors loving listened to us.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

We've gone from 25 people, to 15 people to 8. They keep pulling people off the phones to work claims because they're short-staffed and goddamn this place is stupid

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

If there's one thing I loving hate than the repetitive password reset calls, it's the ones that are the impossible calls were you have to do a whole bunch of bs like getting emails typed up and information gathered. There's no time because there's barely anyone here and we can't get time away to to it because surprise, it's busy because everyone's either left the call center or quit!

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

just what i needed, statement day that also lands on a day after a long weekend :suicide:

e: reading out a temporary password the consumer goes "Oh am I supposed to type that in?"

PenguinKnight fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 5, 2017

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

"I don't see you listed as an authorized representative. I can answer general questions or we can try to reach out to the account holder"

"It's a general question"

*proceeds to ask a non-general question*

I wish I never returned from my vacation last week.

E: tomorrow's my 1yr anniversary being here, so that means I have the slightest possibility i might be able to probably not switch to a different department. next meeting i'm letting my sup know i want to leave the call center and go into a different department

PenguinKnight fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 18, 2017

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

It is:
- A Monday
- Where we're back from a holiday

It hasn't been this bad since tax season.

e: it hasn't been much better today :(

PenguinKnight fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 28, 2017

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

my favorite thing is when people you're on the phone with completely ignore what you just told them.

why even call

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

"What's the address for your website"

"its this"

"do i put this on the internet"

mothergently caress

PenguinKnight fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jan 3, 2018

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

I wish that we would just mail out the drat tax forms. It uses paper, yeah but it's better than being slammed with calls where it's either "I want my form mailed out" 5 second calls or "I'm going to eat up a half hour of your time with a password reset because I can't figure out what the % sign is"

e: from today:

"Is there an issue with your website? Whenever I go to your website, it just stays there and doesn't let me in. It says username or password is incorrect"

:catstare:

PenguinKnight fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Feb 8, 2018

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

there are way too many people that confuse the login url with our email.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

e:blurg

PenguinKnight fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 23, 2018

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

"I need help with this form"

*form only asks for name, address, signature and date*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

"I've added on an email and for a password reset, you'll have to use the forgot password link"

2 minutes later

"I haven't gotten your email yet. Did you send it when you added on my email?"
"No you'd have to use the forgot password link to send one to you."

2 minutes later

"I still haven't gotten it. The password's my email right?"
"Did you use the forgot password link"
"No. Am I supposed to do that?"
"Yes."
"So I go onto the website and request the password."
"Yes. You'll have to use the forgot password link to get in."
"So I click on that forgot password link"
"Yes, click on that please"