Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robin Sparkles
Apr 23, 2009

sbaldrick posted:

Do you work for Bell?

I was going to guess WIND since they mentioned they were about a year old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robin Sparkles
Apr 23, 2009

Robin Sparkles fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Dec 6, 2010

Robin Sparkles
Apr 23, 2009
I am currently reading through the thread as I prepare for an interview with a call centre in my city. It is taking inbound calls from cars directing them to businesses/assisting in an accident, etc. My step-sister works with the company and told me it's definitely a poo poo job, but with decent pay and benefits. I currently work at a Canadian dollar store, which is a poo poo job with poo poo pay. At least the call centre would be full time.

Robin Sparkles fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jul 15, 2014

Robin Sparkles
Apr 23, 2009

Lampsacus posted:

At least it is inbound. Outbound/cold calling is the hell people in this thread are talking about.

I 100% without a doubt could not do outbound. You guys are saints.

Robin Sparkles
Apr 23, 2009
Interview Monday for the call centre I mentioned up the page. Might be joining the ranks of this thread soon!

Edit: Hired! Starting next Monday!

Robin Sparkles fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jul 7, 2014

Robin Sparkles
Apr 23, 2009
Finished phase 1 of training yesterday and took a live call test. Had a bit of troubles but for the most part they went really well. I need to speak slower, for sure. Starting ABAY tomorrow, so nervous.

Robin Sparkles
Apr 23, 2009
Today I had my first angry customer at my new job, I had to ask her to repeat some information a few times as she was asking for an intersection and I wasn't quite remembering one of the street names. After she said some rude things to me I hung up the phone to end the call as she had stated she didn't need my help anymore.
After I was onto my screen to take another call, I mumbled "and f*ck you", really quietly and I didn't even enunciate the word "gently caress" however I am now scared that it might have been recorded in that call. How long in your experience does the call keep recording after the disconnect?

Robin Sparkles
Apr 23, 2009
Thanks you guys, I do feel a bit better. I guess I am scared of getting an IPSO and having that come back to bite me, but I think in a week or so if I haven't heard anything about it, I should be fine.
Today was a pretty bad day for me, I was getting really overwhelmed and I had a lot of frustrating calls come in, one of which escalated to a supervisor (my first). I do enjoy my job for the most part, but today just sucked on all levels.

Robin Sparkles
Apr 23, 2009
A posting just opened up for overnights at my center (we're a 24/7/365 LOB) and I think I am going to go for it. Any tips on getting used to changing my days to nights?

Robin Sparkles
Apr 23, 2009

BlackIronHeart posted:

Check this out!

Working nights was the only thing that got me through 9 years as a call center rep so I heartily endorse it if you can hack flipping your life upside down.

Thank you so much! I am actually kind of looking forward to it. I would be doing more than just routing calls (I work at a place that sends navigation to vehicles) so I'm excited for the cross-training.

Gothmog1065 posted:

If you are first shift now, start waking up earlier, and going to bed earlier, and get it to the point you're going to bed as soon as you get off work, and staying up at night. Unless you're one of those heroes that can stay up all night with caffeine, 5 hour energies, whatever. Getting used to sleeping during the day is the hardest part for most. I'm a weirdo that can sleep like a baby in direct sunlight, but most can't. If you can't do that, y ou might want to buy some heavy curtains.

Thanks, I'm actually currently working 2-11pm mostly, or around that timeframe. I am usually pretty good at adjusting my sleep schedule, but I am worried about the sunlight in my room during the days. I will have to look into some blackout curtains, great suggestion!

Robin Sparkles
Apr 23, 2009
Found out the other day that I got accepted to train for a different department, as an Emergency Advisor. I work for a place that takes calls from vehicles. I'm beyond excited to be doing a different line of work, but I've also wanted this since day one.

Robin Sparkles
Apr 23, 2009
In my old department I was averaging 300 calls a day (sending navigation to vehicles).
Now I'm with the same company, but instead I take emergency calls from said vehicles and I get maybe 90 calls a day. It's heaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robin Sparkles
Apr 23, 2009

Pope Guilty posted:

I was once told that a caller hoped my mother got cancer and died, but he was under a lot of stress.

I once had a lady call me a oval office and tell me she hopes my children are born retarded. She also threatened to come and kill everyone I work with.
That was a great call. (I was even going to do the thing she wanted me to do. She was just nasty.)