Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Chipolte_Away posted:

Then there were our sales people...

Back when I did customer support 9 out of 10 of the worst calls we'd get would be from sales claiming that we would do physically impossible things for the customer. It was bad enough when the customer called to try to collect on the promises; what was worse was when the salespeople themselves would call in looking for someone to bail them out of the hole they'd dug themselves into. No, we can't ship a new unit from out of state and get it installed and set up within 2 hours on a Sunday afternoon. Oddly enough, the threat that you'll lose your customer over your phony promise has no effect on me!

A lot of problem customers would just be people trying to get free poo poo, which was always hilarious. I always loved their ultimatums: "yo, either you give me this for free OR I'M NOT GOING TO BUY IT FROM YOU."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU