Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boogabu
Oct 21, 2009
I have nothing but respect for you phone jockies.

I worked phone support for weather.com once... Oh man oh man, some of the stories. So yeah, even if I'm pissed, I grit my teeth and smile over the phone. Being a dick to the people who manage your account can only end badly.

There's been times when that wasn't possible - when I'd be really frustrated and vent a little and swear in general, but never at them, and I always made sure they understood that my frustration wasn't toward them, just their company.

There was the exception of when I called my cable company because our internet kept dropping. The guy said (in a very confident and sure voice) that I should be power cycling my modem on a daily basis. I called him an idiot. It was a knee-jerk reaction. I apologized and helped him not be an idiot anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU