Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alreadybeen
Nov 24, 2009
Does it matter / do you guys appreciate if I hang around at the end of the call and answer the four question survey?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alreadybeen
Nov 24, 2009
Many some of you can shed some light on what this was like from the call center's perspective.

I plan on canceling my gas service as I am moving out of my apartment. I call to ask if I cancel my service on a given date, will my auto pay still go through. I am assured that yes, it will. I thank them and ask to have to terminated at the end of the month. The rep confirms what I was back over the phone and then I hang up. A few minutes later I get an email notifying me my account has been canceled and I need to make final payment manually! Frustrating but whatever, it is not the end of the world.

Week goes by, it is the end of the month and I get my final bill. I call again, confirm (again) my autopay is not going to kick in, and after being told I need to make a manual payment, do so over the phone.

You can probably see where this is going and sure enough a couple weeks later, autopay goes through and now I have been double billed for my last month. Once again hop back on the phone and after waiting (48 minutes due to high call volume) finally get someone on the phone. I ask for them to reverse my auto payment since I was double billed. After spending five minutes verifying this (I have no idea what took so long) she comes back on to say she cannot issue a refund because the payment I made was made within the past three days. I put up a fuss saying that is an absurd rule and am finally transferred to a supervisor. I get the supervisor on the phone who just reiterates the same thing. I ask for any valid explanation and of course she cannot provide one. Then I get the great idea to ask her to refund my original manual payment I had made since it was made over a week ago and thus was safe from the 'three day rule'. I get put on hold once again for several minutes and then she comes back on and tells me I can only be refunded the most recent payment so she can't refund that one either. I literally started laughing at this point because I had basically lost it. She told me she would personally submit my request for me in several days. In the end about a month later I got a check in the mail. I have no idea if it was her, or some automated account payable system but I was left in shock with how little anyone could actually help me.

1) How can people have so little knowledge with what happens when you terminate your utility account? This has to be a very common process and it blows me away how little anyone seemed to know about it.

2) Were the reps making these rules up on the phone? It seems ridiculous to have to wait days before getting refunded back after they double billed and even more ridiculous you can only back out the last transaction.

alreadybeen
Nov 24, 2009
I was called by a human at Chase and although it was only a follow up survey call, I still quickly said no thank you and hung up. These days everyone is on a cell phone and I don't want to spend any more time on the phone than I already do.

alreadybeen
Nov 24, 2009

JackRabbitStorm posted:

So a guy calls to go over some activity on his account and all that jazz, and I am looking at the last reps note on his account. And then I got to say something to a customer I never thought I would get to say.

“Sir, in reviewing the notes, I would just say you might want to contact your mother. She contacted us earlier with concerns about you being abducted in Tijuana.”

Sounds like Grandparent Scam.

alreadybeen
Nov 24, 2009

KOMI posted:

:words:

I haven't screeched 'WELL YOU JUST LOST A CUSTOMER' but I have absolutely requested (bluffed) to cancel my account and the reason I do is because I get transferred to retention department who gives me bonuses. Usually do this with cable / credit cards but the reason I do is because it works.