Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LadyDaffney
Jun 10, 2010
I work in a call center for a bank...My department are pre-screening monkeys for home lending...I am actually decent at my job, but I have a couple co-workers who tend to get so irritated with customers that they say things they shouldn't. One such guy usually gets away with it because he's not being quality monitored one those calls much...HOWEVER, he got in trouble for not explaining to a customer what a FICO or credit score was. He kept telling the customer to either check our website, or talk to the three credit bureaus (which my co-worker named).

We constantly have a battle with our customer service department, which isn't in the USA but we're a USA bank...That same co-worker has apologized to a customer for having to transfer them back over to CS. "I'm sorry ma'am. I'll see if I can get a different representative that knows how to do their job" Now, by accident, I got to hear that.

I've had several customers get mad at me for our customer service department reps who aren't in the USA and can't speak very well English. One was an older woman, "Oh my land! Someone who speaks English! I'm so very glad. Maybe you can help me!" She rants a bit about her situation and I'm going to transfer her to where she needs to be, "I don't think you people should have hired out of the US. I don't care HOW CHEAP she is, if she can't understand English then she needs to be fired! Thank you so much for your help, sweetie" Honestly, it made me mad how she said that...I also detest customers who call you kiddo, sweetie, honey, etc...I've had only 2 MARRIED MALE customers hit on me and want me to call them, an a 3rd who would rather have talked to me for hours...but too bad my call handle time has to be around 7 mins or less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyDaffney
Jun 10, 2010
So. At the call center I am currently working at, when you're trying to basically end the call you say, "Is there anything else I can help you with today?" I actually wrote down a few of the funny replies I've had to that:

:haw: Sure. Can I get a margarita?
:wth: I'm sorry sir, we can't do alcohol over the phone
:haw: It never hurts to ask!

Another customer was a bit upset about not getting to do something with their account with the bank, but they were nice about their answer:

:haw: Yes, can you give me a million dollars?
:rolleyes: I wish I had it myself.

I tend to get odd customers that get snippy at me when I do ask that, but another one was similar to the last one:

:haw: Ya have a winning lottery ticket number????
:rolleyes: I'm sorry sir, I don't play the lottery.

(That guy was very weird)