Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
they're lonely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

How many hours a week do you work?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

blaarghh posted:

Now you have to explain your symptoms in detail to two different people, describe what you're doing to make sure it doesn't happen again, (answer three riddles, cross a lake of fire... ) wait all day for a follow-up call to check you'll be coming in the next day, then have a review meeting when you're back to document everything. Which is awkward enough if you have like stomach flu, but I can't imagine any of that going well if you're off because of personal or mental issues.

lol

e: I mean I keep trying to think of a joke because from far off it's so absurd it's funny, why does anyone ever choose to work there? But I just feel terrible for the people who do.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Yes. But there's no reason for you to give a poo poo.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Normally I would guess there's a nonzero chance you're being fired, but lol this is a call center, they'll never fire anyone unless you no-showed shifts or murdered your boss's dog and performed a bizarre ritual with its innards or something. So yes it's probably some kind of bullshit writeup that you shouldn't worry about because, again, this is a call center. Unless there's something unique about your position or you're further up the chain than you've let on.

Also possible your new team lead is brand new to supervising and it's some kind of rah-rah thing but who knows. Basically you'll get to find out what kind of person she is if you haven't already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The answer to my security question on every site I use that has them is a string of 12 random characters which I took the time to memorize. I can use different passwords for different sites and not have to give a poo poo if I forget one, nor do I have to give a poo poo what the security question even is.