Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Today was one month at the call center I work at now. I thought it would be fairly easy, because I come from a political/nonprofit fundraising background, and a lot of the skills are transferable.

Holy poo poo I was not correct.

Tonight was the third night in a row that I've come very close to breaking down in tears. Everything is corporate and driven by profit motive and I am adding nothing of any value to the world. This job makes my soul hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Kat Delacour posted:

Welcome to the Hotel California.

I'm starting to apply elsewhere. I want to get back into the nonprofit sector, and there are a couple in my area that are hiring for finance/development assistants, which would be right up my alley. Until then, I can clock out any time I like, but I can never leave. :smith:

EXAKT Science fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Apr 24, 2015

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Is it normal for supervisors to act annoyed when you ask them for help, or is mine just bad?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

GiveUpNed posted:

I just got my schedule. My breaks are at the same time, I never talk to customers, I have no metrics, and I get paid stat days off.

Godspeed, you fucker. :)

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Ugh the last 5-10 minutes before the end of shift are the worst, because when a call comes in, you're basically guaranteed to not be clocking out on time.

I got one today at 10:56 (I work 2:30-11:00) and I would have been furious if she weren't one of the sweetest clients I've gotten so far. She went out of her way to be nice, thank me, and tell me how helpful I'd been, as well as crack a couple jokes with me :3: