Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy
Had my first full day of 'nesting' today at my new call center job, and it went fairly well. I deal with inbound cell insurance claims and most of the c ustomers were pleasant, even when I couldn't authorize the claim. It was a lot nicer than I expected. I did have one or two frustrated customers but, over the course of 50-60 calls today, it wasn't all that bad. Plus, I only occasionally made small mistakes, such as forgetting to verify a cell number once or twice). Overall, I was pretty accurate, and only had to ask the trainer a couple of questions.

Side bonus: The day flew by! Hopefully, all the days go like this.

We have one more week of nesting and then we 'go live' on July 5. Yay!

MrMoose fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jun 26, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy

Septic Knothead posted:

Y..You're not allowed to have paper or pens at your desks anymore? Why?

I know the reason we're given at my call center is FCC regulations -- they want to cover their rear end incase someone accuses us of stealing a credit card number

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy

Loving Life Partner posted:

I'm working a 4x10 schedule, so I work Mon/Tues, get Wed/Thu off, then work Fri/Sat and get Sunday off. It's actually loving great.

<3 4x10.

Tuesday-Friday 10p-8a here. Love 4x10 schedule so so much. When I was 5x8 from 10p-6a, I hated it. 10 hour shifts are SO MUCH BETTER if you work an overnight shift. Problem is, it is hard to go back to anything else after that.

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy
It's official -- I have 7 shifts left at my call center. Thurs-Fri-Sat this week, Wed-Thurs-Fri-Sat next week. Week off, then I start my new job.

Today was the first day since I put in my 2 week notice. It was definitely interesting as I had a call that didn't go so hot from the perspective of one of our clients. Our QA person was going over it with me, and then I was getting a bit defensive, like "I KNOW I didn't screw this up." After a few minutes of this, though, I realized that I can sit here and say "In 7 more shifts, I am moving on."

It is amazing how much that makes things 'better' when I say it.

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy

Lord Windy posted:

How often do you guys lose people in your centres?

My wave lost it's first member, she was fired for spending too much time off sick. I know these centres go through alot of people very quickly, but she was a good person and I liked working with her. I'm missing her a lot already, and very E/N about it all.

Ah well :(

I started in a call center in June 2010. Within a couple of months, 5 people from my class had been fired or quit. 3 of us were transferred to another side of the company, 3 remained on the side we were originally were trained for (I was one of the transferred ones).

Stuff was pretty stable at that point, we lost about 1 person per month on average. When I quit at the end of April, I was the second to last person remaining from my training class.

The ones that quit early realized the call center stuff wasn't for them. After that, the people that quit either decided to focus on school or got fired for bad performance. I quit to move on to a much better job. So yeah, high turnover rates are normal at call centers. :(