Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Wow, this brings me back to collections. We were a 3rd party collections agency for Wachovia, accounts that were overdrawn from 7-30 days, pre-charge off.

My best call, the only one where I ever dropped a witty line, was when I had a guy call in from Connecticut and tell me we were a scam, that he was reporting us to the police/BBB/Wachovia/etc, and then finally told me he was going to come find me and kick my rear end.

I replied with "Well sir, we're in Pennsylvania so if you feel like making the drive just make sure to bring cash or a check to pay off your overdrawn balance."

I work in lead generation now for an IT company and haven't heard one really mean thing in a long time. You get the "Stop calling me" "Take me off your list" or "I intentionally don't answer when you call, just wanted to let you know, bye" and of course we get "Not interested" all the time but no really mean people.

Quotas are similar except instead of getting payments over the phone I now need to set meetings for the outside sales reps. The pay is immensely better and there's an actual career possibly so I'm glad I traded one call center for another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU