Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003
I got a new job out of a call centre for the firsttime in 5 years. I was pretty amazed at the interview when they told me 'it doesn;t really matter when you come in so long as you work your 35 hours per week'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003
Cast no shadow has it right. I would hire him!

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003
I work in a call centre, and if we need to go to the loo we just put ourselves into a specific aux code and go. the amount of time is monitored to some extent, but so long as you're not obviously screwing around it's fine.

I don't understand how you're expected to last 4 hours at a time without going to the loo at least once, particularly if you're trying to stay properly hydrated. I would have to stop drinking water, and would probably get a sore throat and end up sick.

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003

Ulysiss posted:

- You must say the callers name 3 times during your conversation
- you must finish the call, not with goodbye but with "Is there anything else I can help you with today ____"

These ones at least are good practice. Even tradies appreciate the common courtesy of the use of their name. It will help, not hinder, building rapport with your callers.

The typing one sounds batshit though.