Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!
If any of you work for APAC they are currently going under and are doing A LOT of layoffs. We have an APAC in town here and Verizon is pulling their contract in November. My friend still works there though and she said that they're still laying off people regardless. They got rid of about 100 or so and most of them were people who worked longer than 4 years.

I got off that sinking ship about 8 months ago and haven't looked back since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!

Whiskey A Go Go! posted:

Start looking for other work right now. If their organizational culture is making better co-workers start to leave in addition not hiring enough to maintain the load you currently have, they are not going to treat you guys any better and will axe you given the chance to save a few dollars for outsourcing.

Also get the hell out of there for your own health. I took a mental breakdown because the department I was heading got massive cutbacks when I took time off (my Dad passed away) and made me try to do work with 1/5 of my staff gone because they were shifting resources to other parts of the company without telling me at all. It made my best supervisor quit for a job at Staples because it was less stressful. All your company will do now is just work you like a dog and throw you on your rear end.

If/When he gets fired though won't he qualify for unemployment or will they do anything/everything they can to try to not get him to get any?