Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004

sbaldrick posted:

For the first time in history I had someone on a call pitch me something useful. I wouldn't mind being sold things if it was stuff I wanted.

I wish someone someplace could remember this. 90% of the stuff management in call centres want pitched is stupid.

You are being sold stuff all the time whether you realize it or not. It depends on how bad/good the person selling it to you is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
Not a doctor response, but after you learn the job well you probably won't have to look at the screen as closely. Looking at far distances every so often helps out, but is hard to remind yourself to do.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
My guess is they are understaffed, but don't want to build a queue while the partner is there. Agents stressed out about back to back calls isn't a good look.

Still though, gently caress them if it was already approved off.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
I know it's not what you asked for, but Citi has a call center in Tucson. I can't answer site specific stuff but if you general questions about Citi call centers PM me.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
Please tell me you corrected him that the word he was looking for is androgynous.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
Hope you hit your 1250 hours too. Good luck with the mental health stuff!

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
Ours is essential (a bank) and people were/are coming in. A lot of steps along the way, from forcing separation between seats, extra cleaning, and closing the cafeteria/break rooms. We’ve deployed a poo poo ton of people now though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
If it’s any consolation management doesn’t want those people in training either.

In our center the supervisors did the hiring. Unfortunately many of them “just want to give someone a chance” and other bleeding heart statements. Double down if those supervisors match the age range of the computer illiterate. The last piece of the poo poo sand which is that there wasn’t a way to weed out computer literacy in an interview setting.

The real irony was when those people hit the floor and report to a supervisor that gets mad, but won’t address the hire with the interviewer or bring to their manager so the cycle repeats.