Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
So I work in a call centre that handles health insurance and we own 3 different brands. However the centre that I am in only handles 2 of those and the 3rd brand's call centre is located in Queensland and since about mid last week has been evacuated and closed down due to the flooding situation.
So on the IVR there is a message notifying people about this and saying that only if they have an urgent hospital admission within the next 7 days to press 1 and be transfered to the Melbourne office for assistance. Otherwise it states that it would be best to call back in 48hrs for an update because the Melbourne office are not trained in their particular brand/rules.

So of course every single fucker and his dog has presses 1 and gets transfered through saying "now I know that I dont have a hospital admission but this is urgent, I have been short changed $1.75 at the chiropractor and I'm not bloody happy and I want to know what you people are going to do about it?".

You'd think in the face of a natural disaster these people could close their loving open palm wanting a hand out and understand that it is an extreme circumstance that they are not able to get through to the right place and have their questions answered straight away. I tell them that I understand that it is frustrating, but again these are extreme and not common circumstances. True a some of them do even apologise for coming through when I explain I can't help them, but that's a very very small amount.
I even had one harpy bitch from Sydney say (and I quote exactly) - "So just because there is a bit of water in queensland you're telling me you can't tell me the status of my optical claim? How do they effect each other?". I explained that I physically didn't have access to the system required to check her claim and she demanded to speak to a team leader. Amoungst all the good donating people are doing, it's just a ball breaker to see how selfish some people are.

The urgent hospital admissions are hard enough as it is, each call that we take of their's requires a heck of a lot of fact checking into their fund's rules/turn around times/policy covers etc... so we have been completely inundated with calls.

So that's my call centre rant for today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU