Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
I put someone from a call centre on hold today (while setting up a conference call). It was awesome. I wish I could put you guys on hold everyday. She got me back afterwards though, and put me on hold for like 10 minutes, which counts for double points since there were two of us :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Invis posted:

It is a genuinely free service we provide. Sure it's unsolicited. That's why we call up and ask people to see if they want to come along. In fact, we provide light refreshments on the night and I think we even provide a $10 fuel voucher for those that attend.

What we do is provide information on commercial investment. We are an investment company, after all. Of course we try and show why our company is good and we offer further information about our investments to those that are interested, that's how we make our money. However there is nothing to buy on the night and there is no possibility of even doing so. Like I said, it's just information on investments for those that are interested. If they go to the night they are free to leave at any time. They can use the information they gather from us to invest in another company if they desire. All we ask is that they come along!

Edit: I don't mind if you hang up on me. But be polite and at least listen to what I'm offering before you say 'not interested'. How can you be not interested if you don't know what we're offering? If you hang up before I get a chance to pitch, you WILL be called again because it's how our systems work. Unless you are on the 'Do not call' register of course. If you are busy or it's a bad time to call, I understand. But you will also be called back later. That is why it is best to listen first, then explain why you're not interested. You will then be taken off our list and no one will call you from our company.
It's you. You are why I'm an rear end in a top hat to every telemarketer (which is what you are).