Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyberdud
Sep 6, 2005

Space pedestrian
I worked for a car rental company and had to do tech support for their branches. One thing we had to support was their internet connection because they used it to access the company's car rental application located at the head office (where i was situated). One thing we often had to do was call the internet company's technical support line to report outages at our locations(when our router was not to blame). They always tried to pin the blame on us or our interconnector (the guy in charge of doing the cables inside the building, i'm not sure if i'm using the correct term).

One really good example was when i went back and forth with the tech support for a month because we kept losing internet pretty much at random at one location and they kept saying everything was fine on their end it must be on your side see with your interconnector.

We would then send the guy to verify all our cables inside the building. He would tell us everything is fine on his end it must be on the internet company's side.

After a month of back and forth, getting yelled at many times by the manager of the branch having the issue for losing business, the internet company finds out squirrels have been gnawing on the loving cables in the pole and it was causing our random cut outs.

Where was I going with this story? I forgot but one thing I can say for certain : in call centers everybody is out for themselves : accusing everybody of everything. People are always trying to throw you under the bus.

I feel better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU