Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

https://minuteman.ngb.army.mil/PDMRA/

That is the calculator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

About half the soldiers I got from AIT couldn't pass at least part of the PT test.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

I don't know how big the scar is so I can't comment on that.

Yeah, he can take the DLAB before he signs anything.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

No.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Yes you can be a pilot as an army officer but you fly less. You can go to Officer as a Warrant Officer but isn't typical. You also might not be a pilot anymore.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Transgendered Squirrel posted:

There is no real ballpark for E7 in the Army. Its completely out of hour hands and alost nonsensical sometimes. Also, the Army is not hurting to ranks of any kind right now, so each E7 board is coming out with smaller and smaller lists. Only the most competitive people are getting promoted. At least in 11B.

This.

Also if there was an average it would probably be over 10 years.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

This is Korea though. Isn't that different?

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

psydude posted:

About when do you find out your OBC date if you're commissioning on time?

After you get your duty station, so March/April.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Oh wait you aren't going active. You need to talk to the unit you are going to and get them to get you a class date.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Yeah, moreso than active. You kinda have a choice in active though too and can request OBC dates.

But you have to get in touch with your gaining unit S1 or S3 shop or XO and talk to them about when they want to send you. There is pretty much no rush since you aren't going active because you will still drill and poo poo just like you would if you were a graduate. Just depends on if you want to get out of AT that summer.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

psydude posted:

OK, thanks. I'm trying to get an early date because I'd like to start grad school in the spring of 2012, because I think this whole war on terror is going to be over by then.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

USAA does actually have some physical locations some places.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Really depends on the unit I assume. My neighbor who was a Aviation officer but had a mechanic platoon did platoon pt everyday at least.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Unless you really need money why would you want to be active duty aviation officer when you are a WO pilot anyway. I talked to an old CW4 earlier this week who was in a great mood since he has a fuckton of hours still.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Well it's a lot less flying and a lot more random jobs like being maintenance or most of the S-shops including S1 sometimes.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Who gave you that assignment?

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Who cares what they have to say or if you get an ID card right now if you are sure you will get medically DQ'd later?

Did they tell you specifically to cut your hair?

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

I still say drag your feet until the last minute.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Why don't you talk to the AG and see if you can get to a deploying unit?

Probably nor hosed considering the guard is still very short on Os

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

It depends on the drug.

I would still talk to AG a lot about switching units. Even mention you want to join this or that unit because it'll be closer to you (whether or not that is the truth).

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Ok, what I mean is that IRR recall they may or may not activate you. You'd have to do a hard drug for you to get out of it. If you do something like that though, they'll do article 15 poo poo to take away your benefits. You might as well just not show up if you are going the hard drug route.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

You are getting way ahead of yourself psydude.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Make sure you can wear it so your foot, especially your heel, doesn't slide around.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Quarterly Prophet posted:

What happens to you if you get hurt in the process of OCS or WOCS, specifically in the Army? I was talking to my chief today about the WOFT program, and he gave me the sob story about how he knew some IT that got into the WO program in the Army from CG, got hurt in the process (I imagine WOCS) and they booted him down to PFC for the rest of his time in the Army (after leaving the CG at E-6). I told him I would look into it because I didn't want to blow him off. Is he blowing smoke up my rear end? It seems silly to throw away a potential WO because he needs to heal for a few weeks or whatever.
I don't know about WOCS but in OCS if you can't complete it but can still be retained by the army then you will be enlisted as needs of the army and be whatever MOS they really need at the time. They don't keep you at a rank, but you could stay an E3 if you suck.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Quarterly Prophet posted:

you must be new here, welcome to gip

That's HCT before this thread derails anymore.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Or it just gives people a chance to try out a military experience without committing.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Pretty much like the real military!

Also from #milgoons:

[21:25] <%Sean_Miller> this is me, 5yrs ago or so
[21:25] <%Sean_Miller> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xe36lnWvaQ
[21:25] <%Sean_Miller> the lil white kid
[21:25] <&xaarman> not apprporiate

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Who cares if it is on the 214. The citation is proof enough.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Doesn't HRC track that poo poo anyway?

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Cheezymadman posted:

For the Army, what's the functional difference between 13F and 13B? I can't seem to find anything online that explains either MOS in plain english, and everything I can find makes them sound so similar as to be worthless for research.
13B primary job is to work the actual artillery pieces. Like move it into position, load it up with ammo, and fire.

13F is no where near the guns typically. They are usually somewhere with decent observation. They call in the artillery rounds onto an enemy they are observing. They also frequently talk to various aircraft. If you do not have good social skills, 13F is not for you. Also if your name is VIK you will sit around in an office all day. That is a possibility with Bs too though.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Slippery posted:

For us, sure the AFPC folks track it, but I have seen one or two instances where a guy had a medal that was not in his records for whatever reason. We have a thing called PRDA which is actually mostly right in my experience (it has all your medals, EPRs, all sorts of random paperwork, I found poo poo I'd signed when I started at school) but every now and again there is a guy who got a medal that isn't in the record. Rare, but not unheard of. The cases I have seen were able to be corrected but it always helps to have the signed special order if you can get it.

Quick question, are you typically the type of guy who goes right to the source of a problem because you don't seem like it right now.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Cheezymadman posted:

So do 13Fs get embedded in with infantry units, or are they off on their own somewhere spotting for the guns?

VIK = Vacation In Kabul, right? I thought I remembered him saying something about 13Fs getting office jobs. How does that happen?

Infantry and armor platoons/companies (the main maneuver companies in the army) both have slots for 13Fs that are typically a priority fill.

However there are also slots for 13Fs at higher echelons too. Just like there are slots for lower enlisted 11Bs at all echelons. Sometimes you end up doing office work like VIK.

There are these COLT teams which are 13Fs and they are in theory supposed to be off on their own but that is not typically the case in practice anymore.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

You guys have reconstitution leave and really short tours. You aren't stretched that thin.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

It's fine to complain but you shouldn't expect so much additional resources.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Godholio posted:

Do not put rank on deployed mail.

Army does rank on mail.

You really want to just put SSG on it. Most SSGs are married but their wives are too busy with kids to actually put a real care package together or even read e-mails that are sent to them. This means most care packages sent to SSGs are full of poptarts. This greatly decreases the chance you will have your poo poo stolen on the way to you. If it has PFC or SPC on it then it will probably be electronics. Or spice. Those get jacked all the time.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Slippery posted:

I admire the level of thought and obvious depth of understanding that went into this reply (serious post) it made me laugh.

There is no thought, this is based on what real soldiers actually get and which packages really end up missing.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Dec 16, 2010

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Well it is not like I can rely on intel to do good pattern analysis.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Rrail posted:

Yah Army intel is too busy causin unprecedented leaks of classified and causing diplomatic crisis.

You wouldn't even know that if you were still AF Intel since they went crazy with blocking news sites.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Regicide posted:

I am getting an AAM. I got a CoA, 3 coins, a plague from Korean nationals for teaching English every week and an AAM for my time here overall. I'm actually a lot better at this military thing than you all think.

You have the plague? That is why you shouldn't have made a juicy girl your girlfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Hey Reggie we won't immediately kickban you if you come to #milgoons

• Locked thread