Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
miseerin
Apr 4, 2008

"You obviously don't know what 'boarding party' means."
Question: Is getting a degree from AMU (American Military University) worth it? How legit is that school?

My situation: I don't know if I want to go back to school, but if I did I would want to be a War History/Military History teacher for high school. I would rather work on the history part first before actually getting a teaching degree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

miseerin
Apr 4, 2008

iyaayas01 posted:

However, I have to ask...are there many high schools out there that have a dedicated Military History teacher? That seems like more of a college level thing, as most of the HS history classes that I'm aware of tend to be more general stuff, like American History or World History or something like that.

Thank you and Slippery.

I know the school I graduated from's Anthropology teacher got it to be a class by writing a mock-lesson plan/curriculum for a year, and they let it be a credited class. So it's possible.

miseerin
Apr 4, 2008

25 lighters posted:

I'm not in the military, but my Army recruiter told me that he can reserve any thing (MOS, bonuses, etc) for me for as long as I go down to Meps to swear in within 7 days.

So that recruiter is bsing and totally skewing what the 7 day thing actually is.

Or, my recruiter is bsing me. :P

I haven't been in long, but I have an awesome recruiter who gives me no bullshit. I'm pretty sure what he's telling you is bologna. I had a 91B waiting for me whenever I was ready to enlist. In my case, I was ready to enlist the week before he told me this, but I still didn't have a "window". I think that's him trying to wrangle up his recruits as quickly as possible.

Also, I don't know what "(MOS, bonuses, etc)" means, did he say you could pick your own bonus? Yeah.... not exactly true. 91B is a no sign-on bonus MOS, no matter what, when you first join, I'm almost certain.

Again, don't grill me if I'm wrong, because I've been enlisted since only April. I'm just telling you what my experience has been.

• Locked thread