Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum
I need help, my fiance might be getting shafted by his recruiter. He was supposed to go to MEPS today, but he has a scar on his head from when he was 15 months old that the recruiter said he needs documentation for (bit on the head by his family dog, in the hospital 4 hours, got some stitches, no lasting damage). He ordered the medical records 2 weeks ago when they told him that (they said it would take 7-10 days since they had to research it), and as far as we knew he was still going up today.

He called a week later and the recruiter said everything was fine, he just needed the medical records. Still nothing from the hospital. He called again 2 days ago (Monday) and couldn't reach anyone. He called yesterday and left a message and his recruiter never returned his call. He finally talked to him today and all of a sudden they have to send the records in before he can even go up. Also, apparently all they need is a statement from his mom about what happened. If that's all he needed, why would we bother ordering official records? Why wasn't he told before today that a note from mommy would be fine? Something smells like bullshit.

Part 2: My fiance got a 97 on his ASVAB, he wants to take the DLAB and EDPT before he goes to MEPS, but the recruiter says he can't until after he goes, and that he can relist his jobs afterwards. That doesn't seem right, since that's where he picks his jobs and signs his contract, correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum
That helps a lot actually, thanks. We got the impression that MEPS is a one time thing and he would be sworn in there without having his other test scores, which seemed fishy. And I get that they wanted to have all the information about the scar, but the fact that the recruiter didn't mention that he wouldn't be able to go without a note from mom until the day he was supposed to leave is a little messed up. I guess we'll have to pester the poo poo out of him until he goes. Thanks again =)

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

Too Poetic posted:

Wait, are scars actually an issue? I have a scar on my forearm from when I was like 4 and there is no way in hell I'd be able to get medical records for that. It's not exactly something I could lie about either since it's a big scar and you can see where the stitches went as well.

Plan on enlisting Army if it matters.

I think my fiance's was an issue mainly because it's somewhat large, and on his head. You might not have to worry about it, but it might be a good idea to try and research it a bit with whatever doctor/hospital/parent treated you.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum
So my fiance just broke his femur and is in surgery right now getting a rod placed inside the bone. The dr said when he was in the army like 10 years ago the policy was that they would not accept people with a rod in his leg and that he would either have to get a waiver or get it removed in 1-2 years. Is what he said still the case in the military?

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum
Thanks. If I cannot find anything in that we will call his recruiter tomorrow.

• Locked thread