Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

sharkbomb posted:

Foreign Language Proficiency Pay--

I am deploying to Afghanistan in about a year. For the last 4 months I've been self-studying Pashto because I tend do random poo poo like that. If I was somehow able to pass a proficiency test before deploying, would I be eligible for Foreign Language Proficiency Pay even though I'm not in a linguist's billet? (I'm a corpsman)

Yes.

The long answer is more complex than yes/no. You must pass at an acceptable level on the DPLT, have an MOS that needs the language, and/or have a critical language. (Pasto is.)

The amount of pay you get is determined by all of these factors and probably a few more I don't know of. I pulled a 2/2/1+ in Chinese which gave me some extra cash while I was deployed as a non-linguist. I didn't get the max amount since I am not a linguist and not in the right AO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread