Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Too Poetic
Nov 28, 2008

lnav vnav usatoday posted:

Part 1 Answer: if they see a scar and you tell them you went to the hospital/had stitches, you opened up a can of worms. At that point you WILL have to jump through hoops to get to step 2. They need the note because obviously he cannot give an account on what happened and need a statement to go along with the incident. Not saying to do this but he could have just said he was unsure how he got the scar and he had it from childhood. They wouldn't have asked anything else but unfortunately he told them he went to the hosiptal and had stitches. This will in no way DQ him or hinder his progress granted it's just a scar.
Wait, are scars actually an issue? I have a scar on my forearm from when I was like 4 and there is no way in hell I'd be able to get medical records for that. It's not exactly something I could lie about either since it's a big scar and you can see where the stitches went as well.

Plan on enlisting Army if it matters.

Too Poetic fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jun 17, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Too Poetic
Nov 28, 2008

I plan on seeing a recruiter as soon as I can get my dumb car fixed, but I'm moving about 4 hours away from where I currently live at the end of July. Is it going to be a huge pain in the rear end to deal with a recruiter that far away? Will I be able to get most of my poo poo done before I move and then just have fax him stuff after I move? I dont really want to have to drive back and forth more than once.

Too Poetic
Nov 28, 2008

Figured I'd ask again since I got my car fixed.

Basically, on the 30th of July I'll be moving out of my current apartment and moving about 4 hours away.

My question is should I see a recruiter in this town or just wait until I move?

I dont want to have to drive back to sort out anything or fill out paperwork. Will I be able to get everything I need done in this time frame?

My plan is on enlisting with the army, if that matters.

• Locked thread