Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StabbyRipStabStab
Nov 4, 2009

I got the internet going nuts.

Busket_in_Posket posted:

What are the worst reasons to join the military?

4 in the Corps or 10 in the pen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StabbyRipStabStab
Nov 4, 2009

Our Gay Apparel posted:

I have 6 months left in til I ETS. I do not want to be promoted, as I don't think I would be a good NCO. My command thinks I would be, and they are stating that I have to be promoted. I know that under AR 600-8-19 I can decline consideration for the promotion board, however my 1SG has stated that if I decline promotion, she will have me demoted. Is this possible? I've read the AR, and all it states is that if the soldier declines promotion, he must be immediately counseled to find out the reason for the declination. Should I file an IG complaint, or just suck it up and deal with it?

I'm pretty sure that they won't demote you, but why piss and moan about what will be a very short stint as an NCO? Why not just take it?

e: I know you stated your reason. I'm just saying that you should probably just take it.

StabbyRipStabStab
Nov 4, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

Has anyone ever had a VA rep gently caress something up and send the wrong information in. The one at my school is refusing to send the information on two of my classes that are clearly on the transfer degree planner to the VA, and when I pointed out the mistake she was a real bitch about it, and is refusing to fix it.

Tell her that she works for you, not vice versa and to do her loving job.

Barring that, tell her you're going to write your rep.

• Locked thread