Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zharmad
Feb 9, 2010

Uniform question: I just found out (like 1 hour ago) that I have to go meet an international exchange soldier at the airport tomorrow night and drive him to camp grayling so he can attend training with us for the next two weeks. He's a British corporal. I'm not getting paid but am acting in an official capacity and will be driving the GSA to move him. Should I wear my uniform to pick him up? If I do I'm probably rocking ACU's, but I have no idea if he'll be traveling in uniform or not or whether it would even be appropriate for me to wear a uniform. Any input?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zharmad
Feb 9, 2010

Yep gonna rock the ACU's. Now I need to get a haircut in the morning. Not really his sponsor or anything, just doing a favor to a guy who would have to drive 5 hours one way on his own dime to pick him up. Basically I just have to pick him up and get him to his billets.

zharmad
Feb 9, 2010

Defleshed posted:

Also if your unit wants you to do this then you should be getting paid, period. Assuming you're a Reservist, submit that 1380 with a quickness man!

Actually just doing it as a favor for another LT who would have to drive about 7 hours one way to pick him up, I live near the airport so it's no big deal for me. My readiness NCO is gonna pay me with an RMP though.

zharmad
Feb 9, 2010

DEVILDOGOOORAH posted:

Ahhaha you're an LT, would have figured you for a SPC with the question but ahhh hell.

Just trying to avoid shaving the rocking 8 weeks of between drill beard growth.

zharmad
Feb 9, 2010

Wokrider posted:

Does anyone know if you can put your loans on deferment while in DEP?
My student loans are killing me. My ship date isn't until September 17, I've put in a request for an earlier ship date but that's up in the air.

Are you working at all? Go for an unemployment deferment if not working full time.

zharmad
Feb 9, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

I was going to post here but didn't know if it was too off-topic or dumb.

The bases have a huge surplus, but if the military gets pushed away from the base is there any way another base with surplus could deliver to another location hundreds of miles away?

Hell, can Humvees and MRAPs run on civilian gas? I assume tanks cannot.

Just about everything in the inventory runs on JP-8. They can also run off civilian diesel, (for instance, we used the government fuel card to top off our LMTV's and HMMWV's today on the drive back from Ft. Hood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zharmad
Feb 9, 2010

Red Crown posted:

Welp, it's finally that time. Anyone know a good place to buy a silver dollar coin for my first salute?

Antique shops also usually will have some decently priced ones.

• Locked thread