Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us
---

Gooble Gobble fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Feb 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us
Quick question, I'm in DEP but have more important poo poo to be doing with my last month than PTing with a bunch of people who can't even pass the APFT and sitting in class going over poo poo that I have to do on that FSTS training site anyway. Is there anything my recruiter can do to my contract if he gets pissed off? I've read about people not even showing up to a single thing until they ship, so I should be good right?

Gooble Gobble fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Feb 9, 2014

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us
I ship out to Jackson soon. Any last minute advice/tips?

Gooble Gobble fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Feb 9, 2014

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us
Quick question: I finished up AIT and I'm on my way to my duty station. My orders say a report date of 20 Apr. I already have my tickets to there. Any chance I'd be able to try and get some leave when I report early tonight?

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us
Alright I have a semi follow up. My original TDY DA31 had leave built in between the end of ait and when I report. I had to miss that report date and not take leave. I asked what to do with that now jacked up DA31 and they said they'd take care of it and just gave me a DA31 with 2 travel days today to get to my duty station.

I have that "shits gonna be jacked up down the line" feeling if I don't somehow fix(?)that original TDY da31. Am I correct?

Gooble Gobble fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Feb 9, 2014

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us
So I just found a MILPER message about reclassing into a certain MOS and, at the same time, saw that it expired 2.5 weeks ago.

Gooble Gobble fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Feb 9, 2014

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us
Does anyone have experience with a voluntary reclass?

Gooble Gobble fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Feb 9, 2014

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us
Quick story then a question: About 2 years ago I hurt my back while doing some platoon PT. Went to the doctor and got xrays and referred to physical therapy, but because I was reclassing and going to AIT soon (2 months after injury) I dropped the ball a bit. After a couple months my back wasn't in constant pain, just every now and then it hurt so I never bothered to get it checked out further. Fast forward to a month or so ago and my back is in constant pain, sometimes worse than when I first hurt it. I went to the PA and he took a look at my medical records from 2 years ago, told me I had some scoliosis in my lower back (the other dr never told me that) and prescribed me motrin, flexeril, and stretching then sent me on my way. Now that I think about it, it wasn't exactly the outcome I would have liked. I know it's partially my fault and I may have unintentionally downplayed the amount of pain since I suck at deciding on the 1-10 pain scale.

My questions: To what extent can I demand certain procedures? I would at least like new xrays that aren't 2 years old, but my current PA showed no interest in doing them. Also, the fact that I was never even told about the scoliosis kind of imparts some distrust in Army medicine. Can I just go in and immediately request an off post referral?

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us
If it's anything like my company's orderly room than it is lost for sure. I got an email a couple of months ago saying that they had "misplaced" all of my files (APFT, rifle qual, soldier information sheet, etc) and that I needed to give them a copy of everything. gently caress that

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us
I work around some CW2-CW4s and I just call them Sir if I'm talking to them and Chief if referring to them (e.g. "Don't forget to take out Chief Blah's trash").

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us
I have ~2 years left in. Should I bother starting to contribute to the TSP or just open and contribute to a Roth IRA? As far as I've read you can't contribute to TSP once you're out, so I guess if I went that route I'd have to try to stuff as much as possible in before I get out. I'm just not sure if it's worth it. And yea, probably should have been doing this earlier.

• Locked thread