Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Ha ha! Referential humor.

Cookies on Dowels!

Seriously, I hate that Colbert's show took off because his cartoon voice work was always so drat good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

skooma512 posted:

(USMC, but any branch/country really)

I just bought a Ka-Bar knife off Amazon. It's a very fine knife and easily is the best I own.

The scabbard however has a prominent EGA on it along with "USMC". I covered it up with duct tape and will probably look to sandpaper off that stuff as I don't feel right about it otherwise.

The question is: Do you guys even give a poo poo if you see some goon traipsing around with stuff that has your logos on it?

I was gifted a K-Bar by my uncle when I got out of Boot. It was used three times to open MREs and once to get a headphones out of their retarded packaging. Then it got stolen by an Air Force dude in the barracks at Edwards which prompted me to steal a bunch of dudes' brand new Air Force cammie bottoms from their balconies and turn them in to swim shorts.

So unless you're using my stolen knife, I sure as gently caress won't care.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

vulturesrow posted:

Yes it does and I believe also allows you to join Navy Federal Credit Union which is pretty decent is well; I use both for different things.

The only thing that Navy Federal has over USAA in my experience is physical locations if you need to deposit cash or checks. And even with checks the smart phone app USAA has is pretty decent.

As for home loans and insurance, I've yet to have a single thing Navy Federal's quote has been nearly as good as USAA's or Geico's

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Harmburger posted:

You can also deposit checks at UPS stores with USAA, if you need a physical location/the phone check deposit doesn't work. USAA also has a great online interface, and Navy Fed's is clunky at best.

Then thats another point for USAA, because I hated physically going to Navy Federal due to the near PX-in-volume herds of dependopotami

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
So long story short, Navy Federal is just USAA for mil-poors

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Benny the Snake posted:

How do the branches of the military coordinate? Like paratroopers, for example. Is the aircraft and pilot provided through the Air Force or is it all in-house?

For the most part the planes are Air Force with very few exceptions, paratroops are (mostly) Army, so the Air Force gives them the planes, pilots, ground crews and fuel. The Navy provides the boats and crew for marines to ride in for amphibious operations. Sometimes Air Force tankers refuel Navy planes. Sometimes Marine aircraft provide Close Air Support for Army tanks. Really it's all about who is in the best place at the right time to provide the needed service

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

brains posted:

some C-12s for ISR and a small number of gulfstreams for intercontinental VIP transport. any more than that and the air force literally shits a brick.

Natty Guard has C-23 Sherpas, but it's only like 80-100

nm, they just retired them in January

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

iyaayas01 posted:

Also pretty much all the King Airs the Army uses for ISR are contractor maintained and operated.

Although they're supposed to get part of the MC-12 fleet when the USAF divests them next year, so maybe those will be green-suit operated.

The Guard were supposed to get C-27s to replace their Sherpas but lol at how that turned out.

The RC-12s at Huachuca are Army, not contractor, but I don't know about elsewhere

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Godholio posted:

:stare: I want to know what inspired this question.

Rambo was on Spike lastnight, I think thats the culprit

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Wokrider posted:

Do you have access to a gym while in HM A school?
I'm pretty fit now but I need to keep working on it to get to marine corps standards.

Lol, USMC standard is about how many can's of skoal you can fit in your pockets without leaving a ring in your fuckin cammies

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I know a few Army pilots on Huachuca who fly RC-12s. But they're all maintained by contractors

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah, a lot of officers who get out before O-4 seem to be medical. My brother got out as an O-2 because he literally broke his knee at FAC school and it needed 3-4 years to heal enough where he could run on it. His wife got out after only a year and a half as an Army Veterinarian when she had her hip broken by a parade horse. Another person I know got out as an O-2 because she got knocked up by her husband 3 times in 3 years and the Army just gave up on her ever actually deploying and offered her an honorable to just leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Long time listener, first time caller. I guess I'm just curious why would anyone join in peace time

• Locked thread