Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Probably a stupid question, but I am an idiot fucker who took a 6-year contract. I just graduated today, and supposedly E-3 should just appear out of the ether, but I have no idea how that works. Does anyone know when I should be able to wear my stripes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I meant graduation from AIT. If you opt for a 6-year active contract, you typically get E-3 at graduation of AIT or 20 weeks in to AIT, whichever comes first.

I didn't think to check my LES tomorrow; thanks.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Who did you hear that from?

My contract?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For future reference, my promotion was supposed to be handled when I out-processed Keesler. Which is why everyone was amused that I was an E-1 somehow.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought it was kinda fun in basic, but I bet the Air Force uses evaporated pepper spray or something ultra-faggy like that so who knows.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mine apparently are still a year or two down the road from becoming a problem, so I'm not Dental Class 3, but I get x-rays slightly more often. :shrug:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All of the Flight Lt's and Flight Sgt's I've met from the Aussie A310s and C17s visiting Travis are all real cool dudes. And I can actually understand them on the radio, unlike when a French Canadian dude attempts to tell me something over a sat phone or UHF.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
typically people have pretty tiny ribbon racks, then they go on a deployment and come back with a pile of extra ribbons and medals. once people make about O-3/E-5 they seem to have a rack like a napoleonic general. it's pretty insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nullscan posted:

I've been in for almost 15 years and never knew that silver dollar thing. Does the Air Force play along with that?

It's probably been banned as a hazing practice

• Locked thread