Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.
I am helping out a disabled veteran fix his credit score rating but I am not sure where to post.

Deathy McDeath suggested I post here and I will also be posting at Ask me about dealing with/suing/being sued by debt collectors!

I am trying to get some of the veteran's negative accounts paid-to-deleted so his credit score can be improved. He has several debts that he had in the military but was unable to pay or take care of them while he was still in. After he was medically retired, his power and cable bills (based in NY and the amounts are under $200 and $480), were sent to collection agencies. National Recovery in Harrisburg, PA and I.C. Systems INC in Saint Paul, MN. He also has financial student loans from Edfinancial but he had a payment plan already setup with them before I was there to help him out.

I want to delete the power and cable bills from his credit record, not just show that he paid them. I had those two accounts disputed so that the bills will arrive to the veteran's house so I can help him write a letter requesting a debt validation to start the process but is there any other way he can purge those bills from his credit report? Also, regarding the student loans, is there anyway as a disabled veteran that he can purge or at least raise the credit score?

It is a little complicated that the bills were in NY, the veteran was in PA, and now I'm in DE so if they call the veteran or if I try to call them, I'm not sure if I need to inform them that I am voice recording them, other than PA which I know is a two-party state. I prefer to write but this is just in case if I need to record them.

I have one last thing but trying to find the paperwork for it. Thank you for any help in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread