Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
For some reason I assumed that was bullshit... what do they pay, something like 50% of your income or does it vary by state?

edit: I guess I just figured and honorable discharge is analogous to quitting, not getting laid off or w/e, didn't think you could claim that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
poo poo, I did everything wrong when I ets'd the first time. :(

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Eh, they stamped my ACAP because I had been stoplossed for my deployment, and I came back from deployment and started clearing like a week after I got back (and like the first day I was sober)

My mistake but gently caress it man, stop loss blows.

Speaking of I need to submit that paperwork for that, like 2k coming my way

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
vik is like 20 man he's lived life i knows i tall you should follow his advice he's p. much dr. phil in uniform

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Does anyone have or can link to like those nasty rear end barracks room slides that were making the rounds a few years back? I think it was some USAF dude with like piss bottles and poo poo?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I'm of the opinion based on just reading opinions and such of universities that probably 90% of the colleges on base or online catering to military are probably good for one thing: promotion points. Anything beyond that I am doubtful of, but I'm sure someone will correct me. I'm too loving jaded man of anything "for the troops"

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Feeder colleges can be a great deal. I know in Austin you could do a few years at ACC and go to UT and at the end of the day it was maybe a little more time but significantly less money for the same degree.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Grover/Hagetekadaha please Pm when is convenient to you with regards to a new thread. I lost my platinum when banned in a money grubbing scheme from the fascist known as lowtax, but I have a legitimate gripe and would like to post a thread and i'm trying to show considerable restraint in posting it.

No it's not inherently a drunk post thread.

te amo and thank you

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
If only all of us shared in your verisimilitude and taste in matters :allears:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
posting way cool dead bodies in the picture thing however 100% acceptable

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
clean the stuff in the bags too. I've had CIF kick that kind of poo poo back too.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Ah so gently caress. For an appeal for my recruiting thing I need an endorsement by the first General Officer in my chain of command. That dudes in Aberdeen. Any ideas on how to go about this?

edit: Also any of you officer or SNCOs want to write me a letter of recommendation :(

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jul 11, 2011

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Just write a bunch of [REDACTED] or alternately black out large blocks of text with a permanent marker

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
me in my PBR with my bros from GiP listening to the doors smoking mad weed

the horror...the horror

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
go to the vision clinic in an army hospital is usually an easy way

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Wild guess says he'd need at the very least his DD214.

Maybe he could try : http://www.archives.gov/veterans/

Or maybe even this : http://www.va-home-loans.com/dd21_request_VA_loan.htm

EDIT: Oh my mad his poo poo was burnt in that fire. poo poo I don't even know!

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
oh that should be no problem then using those links. I thought you were referring to when HRC basically burnt to the ground but that was in the 70s

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

manic mike posted:

I have a really important question. I have a flight physical tomorrow and they told me to fast for 12 hours for lab work. Only water and black coffee.

My question is can I drink beer? This is very important because I have beer and I want to drink it. Does light beer count as water maybe?

Only natural ice! or natural light!

For real though don't do it because I did that when I was ETSing and they thought I was dying or something so I had to do all the work again.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
You used to be able to do that with geographical bachelor status but amazingly enough nearly every spouse lived in like 90210 or manhattan. Pretty crazy poo poo.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Pretty sure the parachutes are attached to the seat

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
handjobs most definitely

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
DONT THANK ME THANK MY RECRUITER AHAHAHA

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Yeah they tried that with the F4 Phantom II and it didnt work out so well.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
yeah man there are computers and poo poo now

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
probably caused them to crash into the ground or each other or who knows.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

grover posted:

I'm at my kid's football practice, and the marching band is practicing the Star Spangled Banner... over and over again! Help! What do I do?

You're a civilian, soooo...

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

GreenMeat posted:

Gold, being more malleable than silver, is easier to hammer into a sheet thin & soft enough for a senior NCO to wipe his rear end.

Just had to quote this because it owned. :tipshat:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Why are you loving around with some dudes wife man?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I don't mean for this to come across like an rear end in a top hat, but honestly it's probably just best to mind your own business. There really is no reason to invite this kind of drama into your life and or household.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Get him to the recruiter when he turns 18 he is a good candidate already

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
stop bringing work home with you

just kidding thats impossible

some leadership needs to realize that being a "soldier 24/7" isnt the same as "on duty 24/7" but whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
The good thing about going to war with russia is that it would finally be the end of the world probably.

• Locked thread