Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Pardon me if this is the wrong place to ask this!

One of my good buddies has a brother who was recently deployed to Iraq. I have a mailing address for him so I was thinking of sending along a care package or two, but outside of slim jims and gummy worms (his favorite snacks) I don't really know what else to include! Can you guys come up with any good ideas? I've never been in the military myself so I have no idea what is fun/useful to have while on deployment.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Hmmm thank you for the ideas, I appreciate them! Are there any brands or cuts of socks that you guys enjoyed in particular, or should I just go with Hanes whatever? Do baked goods or things like Oreos generally make the trip over in one piece? I am not sure if he is in the business of actively killing brown people or not (he is a paratrooper) but I see him posting on Facebook now and again, so I know he at least has occasional internet access.

Also I am sure I know the answer to this before I even ask, but does the government give free
or discounted shipping if you are sending something to a soldier? I haven't used the post office for anything in years, but the thought just occurred to me that that is a possibility!

• Locked thread