Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

CISNAZI WEEDHITLER posted:

They all test positive either as GHB or Psyclobin if you don't preload with a lot of caffeine and Guarana type extracts.. has to do with the catalytic processes in the thick ascending loop of Henle w/ your kidneys.. if you're taking in plenty of caffeine and guarana you'll be fine because the Na+ that it's absorbing at that point in the process de-anneals the biomarkers that the standard 10 panel enzyme based tests look for. Though you'd only piss hot on the enzyme test, the GC/MS confirmation they do afterward should show that you don't ACTUALLY have those things in your system.. but do you really want to be the first guy that gets slammed away for a botched GC/MS? Plus presumptive positives for you officer types could be real career killers, since you'd be DNF until it's all cleared up... The easiest solution is to take a No-Doz, and a couple of redbulls when you're taking those other supplements.

Remember if your pump isn't making your dick veins throb through your cammies you're essentially a human being.

This is excellent advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Godholio posted:

Actually I don't think those are terribly out of line for the period...a couple were interesting, such as losing a hand (since that would effectively remove a soldier from the unit for a relatively minor offense), but on the whole it's not that different from a few others I've read. For brutality, read up on how the Royal Navy treated sailors in the eighteenth/nineteenth century (maybe earlier). Physical punishment was pretty common in many military organizations.

For instance the Dutch were still keel-hauling people well into the 1800s.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Eolin posted:

I feel like I should try addressing it with her directly first.

well whaddya waitin for

also km we miss you

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

You should only get BAH on leave while PCSing or separating. If you're getting BAH while on regular leave, you're gonna owe it back. BAS is prorated for the number of days on leave, normally.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Pandasmores posted:

am I just being fed poo poo and tricked

yes

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Pandasmores posted:

Luckily had all five of mine pulled before I left for boot.

you disgust me you loving mutant

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

These things and others are largely stated / accounted for in any large government entity's continuity of operations plan and/or DHS' area contingency plan which will also say things like:

[OPSEC] and [OPSEC].

The long and short of it is that there's a lot of options and as has been previously stated if you're at the point where a major installation gets overrun fuel probably isn't going to be the foremost problem, though still a large one.

There's an entire agency that deal with this, a ... Defense Logistics Agency.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

holocaust bloopers posted:

You mean Skilcraft.

Although most DLA employees are at about the same level as a Skilcraft/JWOD/NIB / NISH employee, they're not actually the same thing. :(

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Wokrider posted:

Save your time, I've already made my decision and committed to it.
I don't have any cushy dreams about joining the navy, nor do I care to hear everyone else bitching about their lives.

I don't mean this in a personal manner nor in a negative way, take it as you will.

good post

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

kidrobotx posted:

Well I still smoke and drink all the time and am looking into the military to escape my short-term problems so basically yeah

umm gonna go against the grain here and say you're a perfect candidate so def go see a recruiter and join up asap in an unrestricted contract or whatever the gently caress gives you an infantry job

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVibtTjReu4

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

DoktorLoken posted:

I'm booking a hotel for some official travel next month and am having a hard time finding a hotel under the allowable lodging rate; if I book a hotel say, $20 per night over the allowance and pay the difference is my DTS voucher going to get raped? I've never had an issue finding a suitable hotel under the per diem rate before.

If you go over the lodging rate you just pay the difference. You can try calling SATO or whoever the contract people for your area are to find you a room at the daily lodging rate. If that doesn't work, you can talk to your DTS AO and explain the situation and see if they'll give you actual expense for lodging. They probably won't, but it's not unheard of for hotels not to honor the government rate on occasion.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

brains posted:

kinda late to the conversation but as far as lodging on the government's dime goes, the whole 'statement of non-availability' thing went the way of the dodo so if your DTS admin asks for one tell them to promptly gently caress off. check out the destination's preferred lodging source first (i.e. on-base hotel if going to a mil base), and if it's booked out start checking whatever hotels are closest to your worksite and ask for the government rate booking. 4-star and above are the norm, and if you can swing a 5-star at gov rate, go for it. i would contact the hotels directly to find rates, don't bother with any of those travel sites or DTS recommendations or whatever.

on the backside, when you fill out the voucher it will flag the cost difference and ask for justification, just put something along the lines of "alternate lodging used due to non-availability of on-base hotel, etc." and file away. it helps streamline the process if you give your DTS admin a heads up beforehand, but if you book at the gov rate, they'll have to cover the cost. you'll have to upload your hotel receipt anyways, so despite the flags the clerks will see that gov rate and square your accounts.

yes tell your dts ao to gently caress off always a good start to the voucher process

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Pandasmores posted:

Weird, I wonder why they give the reservists out here theirs at the end of every drill.

A stupid misinterpretation of some NAVPERS instruction? How does anything get done in the Navy/military?

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Cole posted:

Does the V on your drivers license work as well as a vet ID to get on base? Macdill is near me and I need some appliances that I don't want to pay tax on.

No. And even with a sponsor you can't buy stuff from the exchange without a retiree, active duty, reserve, NG, IRR or dependent card.

You can, however, get someone to buy poo poo for you and pay them back.

When I was stationed in St. Pete I bought a washer and dryer and TV from Amazon with free shipping and no tax and it was probably about 75% of the price of doing so at an exchange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

not caring here posted:

Hey, what form am I looking for to lodge my PCS/ETS travel money?

I heard there was online thing available now, anybody know anything about it?

Voucher or request for advance?

• Locked thread