Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HClChicken
Aug 15, 2005

Highly trained by the US military at expedient semen processing.
Do you have BAS/BAH. If so it doesn't go into your calculation of selling leave. That's why terminal leave is almost always better. Also, any benefit (like medical if you need it) you still have while you're on terminal leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HClChicken
Aug 15, 2005

How do I store poo poo (houseworth) while deployed. Is pods worth the price for them to drop off and pick up?

HClChicken
Aug 15, 2005

For my deployment I have to extend, when I come back I'll have 30 days active time then I start terminal. I'm thinking about reserve or ROTC while I go back to school for a little bit of extra money. I would be starting terminal 2-3 weeks before classes start so if I ended up doing reserve/ guard would this gently caress me over?

I don't want to show up and be told that since it's the summer I gotta work 2 weeks and then miss first week of classes. I'm really hesistant to go ROTC due to having to commission later and my major would make me one of those sure shot applications (engineering).

HClChicken
Aug 15, 2005

nwin posted:

I skimmed through the 5 pages of the forum, but couldn't find the military ward thread started by christoff (I think...).

Anyways, TRICARE QUESTION:

My wife and I were sick as hell and ended up going to an Urgent Care on a Saturday. We did that because we figured it would be less busy than the ER. I'm AD, she's my dependent.

So yesterday we get a letter from Tricare addressed to her with a check for about 60 bucks, saying that is the amount Tricare is covering, but since it was out of the network, they are sending us the check so we can pay the facility. Upon reading the letter further, it had a breakdown of the costs and it said that the total bill was about $400. It had 0 for copayment and deductible.

We haven't received a bill from the company yet, and the facility said they normally take about a month to send the bills out (we went in late June). I'm going to call the facility up tomorrow to check, but here's the two questions:

1) How likely is it I'm going to be on the hook for a $340 bill for urgent care ($400 visit less the $60 check Tricare sent us)?

2) From reading on some other forums, it seems like the policy for most military is to try and go to your on base ER first, and if not, then you need a referral from your PCM. I'm Coast Guard, and I've brought my wife to the ER before as a dependent and never gotten billed, but this was the first time going to Urgent Care with her. I've gone to an Urgent care before and never been charged. The nearest base's medical facilities aren't open on Sundays (at least not for Coast Guard...we have a small section of the office split up for us with a PA, a doctor, and an HS3), and my wife' PCM isn't open on Sundays. If we are on the hook for this, would it be worth a call to Tricare saying I couldn't get a referral because we went on a Saturday?

340 dollars is the cost of not having to wait behind other people who really don't have emergencies. If tricare doesn't help you go to your local clinic patient advocate and they are pretty knowledgeable in what you can/ can't do.

HClChicken
Aug 15, 2005

Two questions:
Other than mileage from Randolph AFB to Lackland AFB what else am I authorized for a local travel TDY?

How do I see what the PDS limits are for Randolph AFB?

HClChicken
Aug 15, 2005

Godholio posted:

Bring in your separation orders. I don't think anyone's going to know the difference.

Don't your separation orders state they are paying to move you back to x hometown? This could break your lease.

HClChicken
Aug 15, 2005

I understand that if I leave an area where there is a combat zone tax exclusion the whole month is free regardless of the date I leave. Does this extend to any money earned from a personally procured move if this is in the same month of the tax exclusion?

HClChicken
Aug 15, 2005

What is the reimbursement per pound for a DITY/ PPM?

HClChicken
Aug 15, 2005

Godholio posted:

http://ditymovecalculator.org/dity-move-calculator/

I can't guarantee the accuracy, but I just entered in roughly what I did on my last DITY move and it was within about $50.

Aww poo poo that's awesome. I tried this link yesterday and it wouldn't work. Right about what I was guessing.

HClChicken
Aug 15, 2005

What else will I carry my sextoys in?

HClChicken
Aug 15, 2005

I just transferred from AD to the Guard. Signed the enlistment paper few days back and I asked about the tricare. Was told that I can't get insurance until I get gained to the unit and I in process. Which is frustrating as I'm expecting a 2 month lapse in coverage for my wife and daughter. Really because I just found out monthly birth control is 250 bucks. Am I allowed to pay for it out of pocket and then request reimbursement when I get the tricare?

What should I be doing until my coverage is taken care of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HClChicken
Aug 15, 2005

• Locked thread