Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

Now with 25% more kimchee.

Arishtat posted:

Military Intelligence jobs and jobs which involve telecommunications and a security clearance (the higher the better) transfer very well to the outside world. In fact it's quite common to separate or retire from the military in one of those jobs and walk right back into the same building as a civilian making 2-3 times as much with a lot less hassle.

Would 25U be an MOS worth re-classing to? It's the top of my list available to me out of 13(A,D,F,Z), 31B, 91B, and 25C.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

gleep glop posted:

Isn't 13Z a field artillery SNCO? I can tell you for a fact 13 anything won't translate to anything.

You're right about that. I guess that's one definitely off my list.

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

Maarak posted:

I'm working on a review of Act of Valor, the recruitment film turned theatrical release featuring real life Navy SEALs, and I'm very curious to know what Troops think of the movie, the marketing surrounding it, the whole shebang.

Watching ACT OF VALOR filled me with the desire to go on deployment again. Maybe I'll leave the wire TWICE this time.

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

nescience posted:

So I should opt out of it?

One of my regrets is not doing airborne school sooner. I've only had one landing that was pretty much foot-rear end-head. I've hurt myself worse in judo.

Go to airborne school. It's a relatively easy school if you can pass the PT test on the young boy's standard. Are you going to an airborne unit? Get paid extra money on deployment for no reason. Hooah.

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

I'm need a product recommendation noise blocking headphones. I want to play my iPod all night and not hear anyone else in the bay snoring. The last time I was stuck in open bay sleeping my sport headphones weren't good enough and I slept on the floor in the entry way to get away from all those snoring people.

Also, is there a non electronic version that just blocks out sound?

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

What about going to Law School or Medical/PA/Dentist school with your tuition assistance/GI bill?

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

iyaayas01 posted:

e2: And if you do have money to toss in the TSP, look at their lifecycle funds.

Lifescycle funds are too conservative and get more conservative as you age. I'm 100% all in the S fund but you might want to diversify to a 40 40 20 S C I split.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

What no nonsense USB CAC card reader should I order for my laptop so I can do all that AKO iPerms ALMS stuff at home?

• Locked thread